chapter twelve

We get back from our run and all go to my house. Since I live in the middle of knowhwere, we made a trail through the thirty-six acres of woods around my house. Today we ran two miles, so most of the boys are worn out. Brandon, Sam, and I are all perfectly fine. Sam's and I run these woods at least three times a week. I run another two or so days when he's not with me.

We are all covered in sweat, but this couch has had me strawn out on it covered in blood, Powerade, dirt, and sweat after a game. I hand them all a bottle of water and grab some gronola bars and fruit. They all start eating all my food and I turn on She's The Man. "Not this again!" Mikeal groans. "This is my favorite movie!" I say throwing a pillow at him. They all laugh and the doorbell rings. I grab a hoodie and put it on then walk to the door.

I open it and see two soldiers. Sam comes up behind me and opens the door wider. "Is Mr. Johnson here?" One of the guys asks. "My dads at a faculty meeting, may I help you? I'm his daughter Alex." I say. The other dude hands me a letter, so i open it up.

Dear, family of Taylor Johnson
We are sorry to inform you that Major Johnson was killed in a friendly fire incident, on the day of September-27-17.
Sincerely, US Military Services

"No! No! No!" I cry and fall into Sam. He holds me and hands the letter to David. "I am very sorry Ms. Johnson! If there is anything we can do, let us know!" The first one says. They give me his get and I bury my head in Sam's chest. "He was jsu here! He was just here! How was he killed!" I scream.

I run to my makeshift soccer field, and start playing. Sam sent the boys home, and is calling dad. I kick the balls in the net, but end up missing. I scream and start doing laps. I keep running, even once I feel my chest start to ake. The tears keep coming, and I whipe them away furiously. Sam grabs my waist to get me to stop runing, but I pull away from him and sprint to the house.

as soon as ig et to my room, I close and lock the door, then throw myself on my bed. The tears keep coming, an i feel like I cant breathe. I start hypervenalating, and i can hear pounding on my door. I hear sam and dad banfing on my door, but I ignore them. Hes dead1 My big brother is dead! How could this happen?! i cry harder, and start loosing my breath all the way. My eyes start closing, and I go unconscious.