Part 19

Third person point of view:

"Natasha please just let me carry you. I promise it isn't any trouble and it would make me feel better." Clint begged giving Natasha the puppy dog eyes.

"No Clint. I told you I can walk. Just go get my phone so we can call Fury." Natasha said annoyed. Natasha stood up slowly trying to avoid getting dizzy, she walked over to their private kitchen and got out a smoothie to drink. She walked over to the window testing out her legs and looked out the window wondering if they should just get up and leave. She could hide them, no one would ever find them. It would be pretty easy too. They have a safe house in Budapest that is off of all S.H.I.E.L.D and Avengers files. It was where Natasha took Clint after the Loki fiasco. Clint took Natasha there after what happened in Budapest the first time. Natasha still doesn't entirely remember what happened. 

"Earth to Natasha!" Clint startles her out of her thoughts. "Fury's on the phone. He told us to go to the lab, but he wants to talk to you first." He said handing her the phone.

"What the fuck were you thinking?! I told you that as soon as you start showing you can not leave the compound! It's for yours and the baby's safety! Are you trying to end my chances at being a grandpa?" Fury yelled through the phone.

"I haven't started showing Nick. I know it won't be safe when I do so I won't go out. All me and Pepper were doing were going out to eat and then going shopping after, then out of the blue this guy with a Russian tattoo on his neck follows us into the restaurant and he is obviously a spy for someone. We followed all of the protocols it wasn't our fault Nick." Natasha responded.

"What did he look like? Because I'm starting to think he's not from the Red Room, they wouldn't know where you would be since you changed your name."

"Tall, shaved head, crooked nose, and he had a Russian gang tattoo on his neck."

"Shit!" Natasha could hear glass breaking in the background. "He isn't from the fucking Red Room. One of the motherfuckers on the council sent him. I swear to fucking god if they lay a finger on you. I will murder them then throw their bodies off the helicarrier into the middle of the ocean with cement tied to their feet." Fury yelled.

"Nick I'm not a child I can handle myself." Natasha responded back coldly, as she got onto the elevator with Clint.

"No but you are the closest thing I have to a child, and you are pregnant with my grandbaby for fucks sake. Don't you know this Natasha? I want you to be safe."

"Nick I won't let anything happen to the baby I promise." Natasha said with passion. The elevator doors opened and Bruce said hi.

"I'm coming over there right now."

"Nick it will start to look suspicious."

"I don't care. Is that the doctor? Put him on the phone now." Fury commanded.

"Uh Bruce. Fury is on the phone and he would like to speak to you." Natasha said smiling

"Hi director Fury." Bruce said taking the phone.

"Doctor Banner. How is Natasha? Did they hurt her or the baby? If they did I need to know exactly what happened. I'm on my way over and I will be there in thirty minutes. When I get there I want a full report on how Natasha and the baby are doing. Understood?"

"Yes sir. I will make sure that happens sir." As soon as Bruce responded Fury hung up the phone. "We better get started, because if I don't finish examining you by the time Fury gets here. He will kill me." Bruce said handing Natasha back her phone.

Bruce began Natasha's exam by taking a blood sample and examining the spot on her back. he measured the spot and noted where the injection went in, he could not identify what it was and sent her blood sample down to Tony to analyze. Bruce listened to her heart and lungs finding nothing wrong with them he moved on examining and measuring Natasha's minuscule baby bump. Moving on Bruce checked all of Natasha's extremities and her eyes and ears. Finding nothing wrong with Natasha from the outside he moved on the check on the baby, putting the gel on Natasha's stomach and waiting for the machine to turn on.  When the machine powered up he put the sound on and waved the wand over where the baby was. When no heartbeat came through the speakers Clint spoke up.

"Hey doc can you turn the sound up I can't hear it even with my hearing aids in." Natasha started to lose the color in her face as she asked.

"Bruce why can't we hear the heartbeat?"

"Umm I don't know hold on. I read somewhere that when the mom is under stress the baby's heartbeat can be hard to find. Let me adjust the wand and see what happens." Bruce said semi-lying to keep Natasha calm. He moved the wand and still heard nothing. 

"Bruce what's happening?" Natasha asked gripping Clint's hand trying to keep her composure.

"I'm too high up." Bruce muttered staring at the screen with the lime sized baby on it.  "Take off your pants." Bruce ordered Natasha. Natasha did as she was told and Bruce added more gel to just above where Natasha's underwear sits. Clint held Natasha's hand put it up to his lips as they both held their breath. Bruce checked the machine again and made sure the sound was on full blast. Bruce put the wand just above Natasha's underwear and through the speakers on the ultrasound machine they all heard the fast and strong heartbeat. Natasha and Clint both let go of the breath they were holding.

"Oh thank god." Clint breathed. 

"Bruce is the baby OK?" Natasha asked the fear evident in her voice.

"The baby is perfectly fine and extremely healthy." Bruce said relieved. Clint kissed Natasha and they held the kiss for a long time, long enough for Bruce to excuse himself to check on Natasha's blood test. 

Natasha sat up and they broke for air. "The baby's OK. The baby is really OK." She whispered with her forehead pressed against Clint's. 

"Our baby's OK. You're OK. Everything is going to be OK." Clint whispered back, giving Nat the reassurance she needed. 

"Now that's the news I like to hear." Fury said from the doorway. "Natasha what happened to your pants?" He asked walking over 

"There was an issue with finding the baby's heartbeat, but everything is OK now." Natasha said wiping her stomach off and pulling her jeans back on.  "I told you, you didn't need to come Nick. It's going to look suspicious." She said walking over to give him a hug.

"Well I couldn't just leave my daughter to deal with this all alone with out explaining myself properly. Now could I?"

"Nick I have Clint and all the guys too. I don't want you to risk yourself because of me." 

"What did I tell you to start calling me? And since when has my personal safety ever been one of your main concerns? I want to see my Grandbaby for myself, so don't you worry about me. As a matter of fact I don't want you worrying about anything other than yourself and the baby."

"Dad I know you mean well but I can take care of myself and the baby and when I can't I ha..." Natasha was cut off by Bruce's voice over the loudspeaker.

"I'm sorry to break up the family reunion but we have a major problem."