Chapter Twenty Seven|| Figuring Out

{Madeline's POV}

I looked around taking in what just happened. 

"I don't understand the angle she is getting at. What does she want?" I asked and McKenzie, or should I say her banshee, turned and faced me. 

"She is wanting to take your place. She wants to literally be you. She wanted Ryker, so she tried luring him to her. She started it by becoming a friend and then tried to score in the end zone to which she didn't get very far. She was trying to step into your place. A siren and a banshee are two of the most powerful creatures in the supernatural realm. To find both a siren and a banshee and both be compatible is rare." 

"Compatible for what?" I asked. 

"A bond. Not like a mate bond, but a supernatural bond into making both sides stronger. A banshee alone can wipe out a pack of wolves but a siren added to the mix could take down any pack." 

"Being unstoppable." Ryker chimed in and she nodded. 

"Im compatible with your siren side. Which means we work well together. We get each other, we understand each other. There is no words that need to be spoken between one another, we're just there when the other is in need. What you humans call today, a best friend." 

"But you're not McKenzie speaking... who are you? How are you here?" I tried to get out and she chuckled. 

"No, I'm not. McKenzie fought me down for awhile and I have to admit, she's a fighter. But, she could feel your distress and like I said we come when the other is in need. I could feel another presence in the house I didn't like. It was dark. I've felt it before but not that strong. When she was luring Ryker, that's what really gave her away. 

On the way to where you were at, McKenzie was fighting me and I was trying to surface as hard as I could. When you were in sight and she witnessed what was happening she forgot about me for a split second and I took over.  I couldn't risk her or you getting hurt. When I laid my hand on your shoulder, that scream you gave that threw them across the hall and shattered things around you, you channeled me. You're more powerful than you know it." I was amazed. 

"But you didn't answer how you came to be." Ryker said and she sighed thinking of a way to explain it. 

"Have you heard of Lycans before?" She asked and we nodded, Octavia and Mason were one. 

"Think of me as a Lycan. Lycans have spirits that choose people. Sure, you have the gene in your blood and that's where the choosing begins, but they give you the gift, you aren't just born with it. Full lycans that were born full bred years ago were not rare they were everywhere, so that's why there are so many half lycans because their spirits never rested. So, when a lycan dies the spirit moves to another vessel and it's reborn. Banshee's are kind of like that. 

I have many names from Delia, meaning visible in greek. They used to say us banshees could always make ourselves visible by our voice. Another name I have is sybil, meaning Prophetess, because we predict and see possible outcomes or deaths. I've been alive for thousands of years."  She completed and we were amazed. 

"You said you sensed that there was a presence you didn't like. What did you mean?" I asked. 

"Renee is what you would call a malice siren. There are many types of sirens and she happens to be a not so good one. You are a pure siren, which is pretty self explanatory, you're pure and you bring good to the people around you. She is the exact opposite. She lives off peoples suffering. She wants me to join her to boost that urge and to boost her power. She would channel me." I was not liking Renee more and more. 

"But you said you could kill her, why would she challenge us?" I asked and she gave me a look of remorse. 

"She didn't challenge us, she challenged you. Us sirens and banshees has rules and laws we follow just like you wolves do. Think of it for someone challenging Ryker for the alpha title. She is challenging you for your spot beside me. Your spot of power. It's a fight until one dies. I cannot interfere, if I do our ancestors will come for me, for I had broken our biggest law. If she wins I have no choice but to join her. If she loses, well, she's obviously dead."