Øne

"Good afternoon everyone, hope you completed the design task from yesterday", said the teacher.
..oh wait I should probably introduce myself. My name is Georgia. I'm 18 years old and I'm studying graphic design.

I brought up my USB and handed it to the teacher. I'd honestly slaved for hours creating a design for a sign. I sat back down and looked behind me out the small window. The sky looked gloomy and cold, cars were driving everywhere I turned. It's not usually busy here so this was definitely a strange sight.

We were instructed to go into the media room and examine some paintings & photographs made by local artists. One painting in particular caught my eye. I remembered seeing it on a date with my ex. The painting was orange with yellow and black lines scattered everywhere. My stomach turned as it brought back memories. Not the bad kind though. God I loved him. He was perfect in every way. He always made me smile. And that is why I don't want to see him ever again. Because seeing him, well I'll fall in love all over again.

I continued staring at it. Thoughts were all rushing back to me. I noticed people were looking at me oddly so I awkwardly walked away from the painting. I walked back into the classroom and sat down. I couldn't concentrate on writing about art when the only thoughts that came to me from viewing the piece was him. Liam. I fiddled with my pen as I stared at my notepad. I shouldn't even be thinking like this. It's been a month and he has a new girlfriend anyway. But still his face, his smile, his piercing blue eyes wouldn't budge from my thoughts. I miss us. You may be thinking if we fit so perfectly together why did we break up? Well we simply just drifted.

Class was over & I had to quickly get to a lecture. I walked outside & a cold breeze flew over me. The wind was quite strong. At the park across the road I could see leaves whirling around in circular motions. I was in a serious rush but there didn't seem to be a break in the traffic. I stood at the edge of the road cold. Then I heard the rev of a motorbike. I looked up and saw Liam on the bike with his girlfriend on the back wrapping her arms around him. I kept hoping he wouldn't notice me as I couldn't deal with seeing him especially with her. "Georgia! Hop on", he said. Shoot he noticed me. But he did have to be at the lecture to so I decided to get on. I ran towards the bike and somehow there was room behind his girlfriend for me to get on "hold on!" He yelled as he reved his bike and started to drive.

We got to the place where the lecture was being held. We all got off the bike. I stood there not knowing what to do or say. "Hi I'm Lara", stated his girlfriend holding her hand out to me. I couldn't shake it. Seeing her made me feel all these horrible emotions "I'm Georgia, Liam and I used to date", I replied. Suddenly her welcoming attitude changed. She gave me a dirty look and pushed past walking into the building. I looked at Liam. Oh gorgeous Liam. "Thankyou for the lift", I said. He took his helmet off and smiled at me. Oh god. I'm completely in love again. His smile is just so enticing. "Not a problem", he answered. We walked inside and sat down. Annoyingly the only seat left for me was next to Lara. I sat down and just tried to ignore her. In this lecture people from our group went up to make their own small lectures on the history of art & how it's inspired them to create their own art. Honestly I found it quite interesting.

The next few hours went by and it was getting towards the end. Liam got up to do his. I looked to me right and saw that Lara wasn't paying any attention. I doubt she even cared. Liam began speaking. Strangely he seemed kind of nervous, kind of shy. The Liam I know is always super confident. I noticed the speech began to change more so from the love of art to love itself. Then I knew exactly who's love he was describing. It was our love. The final thing he said nearly brought me to tears "You will always be my Harley. And the Joker can't be the Joker without the love of his life". On our first proper date we saw Suicide Squad so these were our nicknames through our relationship. Everyone was looking confused especially Lara. He was looking straight at me and was about to start talking again but I couldn't just sit there. I stood up. Liam closed his mouth and didn't begin talking again. Lara looked really confused now. I started walking towards him. A small tear dripped down my cheek as I smiled "It's always been you", he said whilst he stepped closer to me. I heard Lara scream curse words. This was like out of a fairy tale. "All I could ever think about was you. God I couldn't even fuck her let alone kiss her. And I know that's bad stringing her along when I didn't feel a thing for her but I don't care cause I just want you back", he stated. I noticed even he began to tear up. I grabbed his face and kissed him passionately. Maybe I should have seen him sooner because this is all I ever needed. As our lips separated I heard a few people cheer. I turned around to see who but all I saw was a fist come towards my face and ...black.