chapter 005- 10/4

Yesterday, I was able to convince JungMi to come have ice cream with me afterschool today. She didn't seem to completely trust me, but it was okay for now.
JungMi got very excited as we went towards the ice cream. She picked the brightest ice cream scoops and piled it up and high as possible. As she went to take out her wallet, I stopped her.
"I insist on paying, seeing as I convinced you to come with me," I said. She tried talking me out of it, but I wasn't gonna hear it. I gave the money and we walked to the park.
As we were walking, she started frowning at me.
"You're ice cream is so dull and colorless. Don't u want something a little brighter?" She said to me, staring straight into my eyes.
I sighed. "More like I need someone to make my life a little brighter. I'm assuming you'll understand what I'm talking about because no one at school likes to give me privacy."
She continued to stare deep into my eyes, like she was staring into my soul.
"Yes, Park Jimin, I have heard things, but that doesn't mean I would judge you for that. Redeem yourself. Find peace."
After that, we had ice cream in silence, her words on repeat in my mind.
Redeem yourself.
That's what I shall do indeed.