It Won't Kill Ya

When you see someone you get attracted to across the room and it pulls you into this mental struggle to gain courage to interact with them

So why do I bite my tongue?
Oh, I wanna know ya

"Hi, I'm Marc" his friend introduces himself to the brown haired girl at the bar, but before she can answer he blurts out.

"H-hi, I'm single!" he politely reaches out his hand for her to shake it, and she accepts it, letting them know her name.

It is Line.

It is a bit of a struggle for him to keep standing up straight with the large amount of alcohol he has consumed the last hours, and he put his hand on her bare shoulder while the other arm crooks around Marc's neck. The two of them are chatting about something he doesn't hear. He doesn't listen.

He is stunned by her eyes in a color of blue. In the white light from the bar they look incredible, almost like sparkling water of a pool on a shiny day.

"I saw you from across the room!" he shouts in her ear to drown the music, inhaling her sweet scent. "Dance with me."

She raises one eyebrow and look at him, over to his friend Marc and then back at him.

"It won't kill ya"

With her index finger she points at her drink, letting him know that she is going to finish it first and he nods his head, dragging Marc our with him to take a smoke.

"D-do you think she knows-s?" he asks his best friend. Right. They are best friends, also roommates.

"Know what?"

"Who I am" he leans over the high table they are standing by.

Marc shrugs his shoulder, taking another drag of the cigarette in his hand. "I don't know, brother. Maybe"

The music is blasting out from the door that opens and shuts every other second because of the people who is constantly leaving and entering the smoking area.

"Then she must know who you are" he says after a while, pressing the cigarette against the edge of the ashtray on the table and they leave for inside.

They find Line by the bar, on the same spot they left her.

"W-what about that dance?" he shouts into her brown hair and she nods with a smile on her lips. He grabs her hand and pull her to the dancefloor, leaving his best friend by the bar, who, from what it looks like when he glances over his shoulder is getting to know the blonde bartender.

They reach the dancefloor with success, without him falling down. Even though he is used to crawling around, but maybe not on a dancefloor.

He still holds onto her hand when they start moving with the beat. To be honest he does not want to let go, but he is not sure if it is because of the fear of losing her in the crowd, or losing his balance.

"You move pretty well!" she compliments shouting and he takes a step forward.

Once again he is enchanted by the beautifulness of her eyes.

"Your eyes look like pool water" he is somewhat surprised that he can say the whole sentence without stuttering.

She chuckles and wrap and arm around his neck, which gives him the cue to wrap both of his arms around her waist and now there is only a small gap between their moving bodies.

"I've never heard that one before" she admits, bringing her loose hand to her other at the back of his neck, closing them in a firm grip.

"Well, it is the t-truth..."

He takes a shot and presses his body against her and the smile on her lips letting him know it is okay. While the world around them are living their lives to the fullest, they slow down, now moving only a couple of steps at a time.

It is like everyone around them are vanishing and it is only the two of them in there. The longer he looks into those magical eyes, the more sober he feels.

When his eyes finally leaves hers they land on her perfectly pulp lips, and he can't help but brush his thumb over the lower lip. He pushes away the thoughts that has been reappearing since the first time he saw her, sitting across the room with a martini in her hand. He pushes those thoughts away that makes it hard for him.

He feels her give his neck a slight push and he leans down slowly, focusing on her red fully lips. When they are only inches apart he grabs her waist a little tighter looking up in her sparkling eyes again.

When he is about to feel her lips for the first time she is the one who takes the first step. It is a small and quick kiss when they part from each other she smirks at him.

"Maybe another one" she says in his ear and he nods, totally paralyzed by her greatness.

As they lean into each other again he lets go of her waist with one hand and places it on the back of her head, slamming their lips together. He inhale deeply as their lips continue to play together with the music in the background.

When the kiss finally ends they just stare at each other, and she stands on her tippy toe to be able to say something in his ear.

"Thanks for the dance!"

How he is able to hear her quiet words over the music is beyond him, and he just stare in front of him as he feels her hand in the back pocket of his pants.

"Call me"

She leaves a kiss on the right cheek before turning around and leaves him alone on the dance floor.

You're a face I won't forget

Note:
Line is a danish/norwegian name and it ia pronounced:
L EE - n uh

Okay, this is a one shot story, a novel, and it is about Alex Høgh Andersen aka. Ivar Ragnarsson (from Vikings)
I hope you like it!!
Happy christmas 🎄💝