Chapter 1: I'll be back

"Hey, what are you doing?" I looked down to my best friend, Tara. She's taking cover from the crossfire. I knelt down in front of her.

"There's no cover here. Besides, I don't want to stick around. That Governor fellow rubs me the wrong way. He's a psycho who's obsessed with killing these innocent people because their not giving him what he wants. I don't want to live in a fucking prison with him!"

"So you're just gonna run away? You're gonna leave me?"

"Yeah, I'm running away. It's your choice to come with me. Or, you can stay here and avenge the death of your family, who died because of the bastard on that tank."

"I can't go, we won't be protected. I'd rather stay with a group and have my back watched." That hurt my feelings. My own best friend choose that crazy man over me.

"Fine, if you don't think I'm enough, then you can rot here for all I care! I'll be back. I'll come and get you when you realize I'm the only family you have left."

"Sure, go! Walk away like a coward! See if I care!" I was a few yards away, but I went back to her. I brought my best friend into one last hug. She looked me in the eye. She teared up. "Don't leave me, Y/n. You're all I have left."

"I won't be gone forever, Tara. I'll see you again, someday."

I ran into the woods and to the road we came from. I ran and came up to a bus full of people. They were all dead. It was only a matter of time before they all turn. I don't want to go any further so I climbed up and laid down on the roof of the bus. As I lay there I looked up at the sky.

I became frustrated. I already miss Tara. "God dammit!" I punched the bus. A few seconds later, I heard growling. I must have woken up the dead in the bus.

Well, maybe I can try and sleep. I haven't slept in 2 days. I'll try and relax. Soon enough I fell asleep, only to wake up in the morning to hear some people coming. I heard one of them yelling something. I can make it out. She's yelling a name. It sounds like Glenn.