50) The End of It

[Author's Note:  This is supposed to be the last chapter of Panther. (No there will not be a sequel.) I know I haven't posted part 49, but I haven't written it, and it is really just smut so whenever I do write it IF I WRITE IT, I can just post it and it won't change anything.

{5-26-2014} I don't know why the spaces aren't working, so I put in --- where they're supposed to be.

X-Men Characters in this Chapter: Nightcrawler (Kurt), Wolverine (Logan), Sabertooth (Victor), X-23 (Laura), the Professor (Charles Xavier)

OCs: Marcus, Panther (Emery), Chet

]

"I'm sorry," Emery said for what seemed like the thousandth time, but aside from the minor annoyance of Kurt's teasing, that apparently had no end in sight, she was quite happy. It had been two days since she and Kurt had had sex, the first time, and the two of them were only just finishing the reparations to his room.

"Isn't there a way you can use your powers to fix this?" Kurt said gesturing at a hole in the wall where a window had been.

"Theoretically, but I've never tried to make a whole window before. Plus I'd have no guarantee of its stability. Small things are easy: I can just mold the plasma to match the material around it. I could probably fix a bit of the wall, but the frame and the glass are down in the ocean now." She paused. "Besides, my powers are still offline from this morning." Emery blushed.

They had discovered, adding to Kurt's ever-persisting teasing, that sex, if done right, shorted out Emery's ability to use her powers. As long as the "after-glow" of sex was around her, her powers hibernated.

Kurt smiled at the blush spreading across her face.

 ---

Chet was slouched in the armchair watching cartoons on the television when he heard the front door bang open. He thought maybe it was Logan coming in from his hunt for Sabertooth and that the door banging, like other days, was the sign that he'd had no luck. But when he leaned back to look through the doorway, he saw a girl storming her way into the house. He hadn't seen her before.

Curiosity piqued, Chet pushed himself off the comfortable chair and followed her all the way to the Professor's office.

"Wolverine is insisting I join the X-men," she growled.

"Is he?"

"Yes!"

"Well, ultimately whether you join us or not is your own choice. Forcing you into making a decision isn't what we do."

"Good."

"Why do you think Logan wants you to join the X-men?"

"Because he wants to be able to keep an eye on me, but I don't need a babysitter," he claws extended. 

Chet's eyes widened upon the realization that she was like Wolverine.

"How about a friend?" the Professor asked, gesturing for Chet to come in.

Chet scratched the back of his head, caught observing something that was probably none of his business. 

The girl whirled around, clearly surprised, but Chet could tell it was more surprise at herself for not noticing him, than him actually being there.

"Who are you?" she asked.

"I'm..." his face flushed. He'd forgotten his own name. What a way to make a first impression on a pretty girl.

"Laura, this is Chet, Chet, Laura," the Professor made the introductions. "Chet is the most recent person to join the X-men. Now, I have a meeting with Logan. Why don't the two of you talk until I return, Laura? And, if afterwards you still have questions, or something you wish to talk about, we can discuss it then." The Professor guided his chair out of the office with grace, closing the door on his way out.