01

Dahlia's POV.

"You can still bail out you know," Maudette repeats for the second time as if I didn't hear the first, making it oh so clear I'm scared shitless if the move we are about to see. Carrick, my boyfriend and Maudette's brother, is getting popcorn for the movie and I'd give anything right now, just so I won't have to sit next to Muadette it seems fate is not on my side tonight.

Not that I hate her or anything like that but the girl creeps me out with her long stares and weird attitude. Carrick says it's normal but I say it's weird and I guess that's because she's his sister.

She transferred to our school a few weeks ago after her move from Spain and is already on the female basketball team. I've seen her play a couple of times to conclude she plays great. She hardly speaks to anyone and all she does at our lunch table is stare at me through out. Creepy!

"Well, I don't want to bail out," I snap indeliberately and shift in my seat. Maudette chuckles and lean back further in her seat, giving a clear notion she is way comfortable than I am. I roll my eyes.

She's wearing a pair of black jeans, baseball boots, a white T-shirt topped with a dark blazer. Her charcoal black hair is in it's usual style; a small part to the left braided, ending just behind her ear and that portion to her shoulder is colored purple, the rest is just down and straight covering her right ear. I have never seen her wear makeup or skirts or even dresses and I think that's something.

The lighting's playing with her eyes, shifting the color from dark grey to a very clear one, so light it's like the grey is not there at all.

"Suit yourself Pixie, just don't end up wanting to hide your face in my blazer," she chuckles, then put a palm over her mouth.

"And why would I ever want to do that?"

Maudette turns to gaze at me and I fight an uncanny urge to look away but no, I don't want to give her the impression that she intimidates me and makes me super uncomfortable, which she does.

Finally, Carrick Prescott arrives and hands us the popcorn then takes his seat to my right. The movie starts and I tense. I've never seen skyline but I've heard enough to know watching it would give me nightmares for week. Maybe I should've listened to Maudette but its sorta late now. I brace myself.

Perfect way to spend a Friday night!

I'm ready to give up during the movie when things get pretty nasty and unpredictable. I silently curse Maudette for picking the movie, and then Clary and Michelle for bailing out. I lean further in my seat.

I raise my hand to take Carrick's but instead, I end up entwining my fingers with Maudette's. My heart skips a beat when our eyes meet. She holds my gaze with her smoky ones and I'm lost. I automatically bite on my bottom lip when her gaze slip to my mouth.

A wave of apprehension washes over me and I swear I can hear the fast paced thudding of my heart. Gosh, this is not happening to me.

What the fuck is happening to me? Because right now, all I feel like doing is kissing her. Shit! I make a move to pull out my hand but her grip tightens, sending tingles of warm sensations through my body. I feel something sizzling between us and the pull gets stronger by the second.

I've got to get out of here. This is just not happening. Geez, I'm with her brother for crying out loud and moreover I'm not into chics!

"Excuse me," I blurt out and she let's go. I peck Carrick on the lips and slip out noiselessly, then make my way to the bathroom.

I stand behind the counter and gaze at my reflection in the mirror. Gee, do I look flushed. I drag in lungful of breaths to calm my nerves.

Just when I seem to be recovering my stance, the door opens and there in the doorway stands amazingly beautiful and sexy Maudette.

And now I think she's beautiful and sexy, I'm damned!

"Dahlia," she approaches me and I grip the counter behind me and swallow hard. "You okay?"

I nod because that's all I can manage since my voice bailed out on me.

"I asked you a question?" She presses and I choose not to answer. She closes the gap between us. She brushes her thumb over my bottom lip and my grip against the counter tightens. My breathe falters and I wonder where all these emotions are coming from.

"You feel it too, don't you?" She demands, her voice a hoarse whisper. I want to say something. Anything, but I can't even form a single coherent thought or make my lips form the word.

She cocks her head to one side and strands of her hair move to frame the side of her face. All of a sudden, my palm itch to brush them aside and feel her hair around my fingers.

I did feel it earlier and it's happening again. I wish I can escape the pull but I feel like I'm trapped. I shut my eyes briefly and, savoring the feel her hand brushing my face and moving into my hair.

My lids flutter open when I feel her arm go about my waist, then I note her face mere inches from mine and I feel her warm breathe fan my lips. A low gasp escape me and the next thing that happened is something I never bargained for but nevertheless, it steals my breathe away.

Maudette is kissing me!

******†*******
Vote, comment

Love you angels