Chapter 6

Felix's POV

2:11 a.m.

Calvin and PJ fell asleep on opposite sides of the couch while watching a movie. I decided to see how it would all play out and maybe convince PJ to come to his senses, or maybe just do something right. I was still unsure of the situation, still shocked, i just found out afterall. What was i supposed to think? This wasn't just a normal thing people would go through and you can go to a little support group for. The "My possible boyfriend technically kidnapped an abused child but i swear he is doing the right thing maybe?" club. Maybe if it was explained right to the cops, he would only be fined and nothing more? The sooner the better, I just dont want PJ to be mad at me.. I'm sure he would find a way to understand, if it comes down to it, therapy is a thing... I felt off due to the situation.

9:00 p.m.

I wanted to talk to Peej. I sat down in his bedroom trying to find the words to tell him I we should contact the cops. Look at me, Im scared of him. This needs to stop.

Pj walked into the room holding a plate of food.

"Want some?"

"No." One word yet it was hard to say.

"Can you actually sit down with me?" Seven more words left my mouth, it didst feel like i had control, my body just wanted them out of my mouth.

He sat beside me, setting the plate down on a night stand.

"You do understand we need to do something, right? we cant just have this boy when he isn't ours.. I know it seems hard but-"

He put his head in his hands but a switch in mood made him sit right back up.

"Yeah.. I know. I know I've fucked up though it feels like the right thing.. I feel stuck now, like no matter what this will end badly, either he will end up with his old parents or I will get in trouble with the law."

I didn't expect him to say that much, It helped me swallow the fear and grab his hand.

"we can fix this, we just have to put our trust in the law and explain everything, you'll be in way worse trouble if you don't. Lets be rational."

I could get in trouble, he could, the kid. It depended mostly on how PJ would react and for that i put more trust in him than comfortable, I was still scared of him a bit. Him and this whole situation.

"okay?" i said as my voice cracked with emotion.

"yeah.. Can we just.. Sleep on it, I don't wanna talk about it."

There he went back into his shell, This wasn't like the old PJ i knew and i needed that old PJ back right now. The one who always knew what to do, was rational and responsible, but of course, I was scared. So my reply was:

"Yeah, sounds like a good idea.

He pulled his hand away from mine and that was enough to make my heart sink further some how. PJ then got up, grabbed the plate and went back out to the living room with Calvin.

I wiped away the tears from my face, stood up, dusted myself off and went out there with him.