Chapter 1: New Employee

Author's Note: This Takes Place AFTER Weirdmageddon, So... Yeah, Just Notifying You Guys Here. I Also Highly Suggest Looking At The Show "Gravity Falls". It's Created By Alex Hirsch And He's Done An Amazing  Job Of It.

Dipper's P.O.V:

Mabel and I were just outside the Mystery Shack, last being here thinking that we'd never see this place again. I saw it, with the 'S' From 'Shack' still on the ground floor. I felt an exciting feeling in my stomach, as I saw Grunkle Stan at the window. He may be grumpy, but seeing him again just made me feel a warm feeling inside. I couldn't wait to see Ford as well.  I saw Stan open the door, showing our way inside.

"Your rooms are the same as last Summer break." Stan coughed. We went inside seeing Ford in the main TV room, fixing the television. He looked up and gave us a genuine smile.

"Dipper, Mabel." He smiled, "It's nice to see you two again. Quite a few things have changed since you were here."

"You mean, an update to the journals?" I asked, a small spark of hope that there were still those paranormal things, like last Summer. I know that Weirdmageddon happened last Summer, but before that, there were crazy things that happened that we solved, like mysteries.

"Oh, well..." He paused. My heart started to sink. I was afraid that this would happen, but then again, I slightly saw it coming.

"I wouldn't say that everything will be the same as last Summer." He spoke eventually, "But I've recently gotten some signals of paranormal activity. Now, don't get your hopes up too high. We'll just have to wait and see."

I almost started hopping up and down like a little kid. I was not 5 years old, so I knew that I shouldn't start acting like one. I was looking around at all the fake merchandise and antiques and like. I saw Wendy at the cash register and Soos sweeping up some broken glass. My guess was that Soos dropped the glass. I glanced at Stanley and I realized that he was tapping his foot impatiently. I immediately turned to him again and I saw looking at his watch every now and then.

"Damn it," He grumbled, "Where is that girl?"

"Y'know, she always comes in late," Wendy quickly noted.

"Exactly!" Stan spoke, "She can't be late ALL the time!" Wendy let go a sigh of slight annoyance. As for me, I was confused about there ever being another employee.

"Who?" Mabel asked before I could. "I don't remember there being another employee!"

"Oh, right." He realized, "A new employee I gave a job to, Uhh, Becky's her name."

"She's actually around your age." Wendy smirked, pointing at the two of us, "She just showed up one day at the Mystery Shack and said that she wanted to work there. She kept coming back asking the same question after your Grunkle Stan kept saying no, but--"

"I was impressed with the kid's determination." Stan interrupted. "So I gave in and gave her the job of sending flyers advertising the Mystery Shack. More and more people are coming in that aren't normally from around here. So, that's what she does."

"Hey, maybe we could BOTH stick gummy bears up our noses?!" Mabel suggested brightly. I looked at her with a slightly disturbed look. She can be a little bit... Strange.

Suddenly, as if thunder crashed a random tree, I heard a crash outside of the shack. Mabel and I Jumped in shock, while Stan made a facepalm.

"Agh, not again!" He groaned, "Alright, who keeps putting that rock pile in front of the trail?"

We all rushed outside to see a small girl with brown hair and green eyes, wearing a long brown scarf, black hightops, a white, short-sleeved hoodie, jeans and goggles stuck in a tree with a busted-up bicycle.

"Ughhhh...." She groaned. She slowly looked up to see all of us at the door. She suddenly took quick action and stood up at lightning speed.

"Oh no, it happened again!" She rambled, as she started to panic. "I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!!! I can make it up to you!"

She looked awfully young, I assumed that this was Becky. I had a strange feeling inside that suddenly made me run over to her. "Woah, shhh... H-Hey, calm down. Everything's fine. I-It was just an accident."

She stared at me with surprise and confusion. I don't know what was so shocking about coming over to one's aid. I helped her up and Soos got a band-aid for her bleeding knee, as it was cut a little. I have to say, when she was staring at me, I could definitely tell that she was a quirky character with wonder in her eyes. I wonder... If there are going to be more mysteries to discover, will she be part of the group? Will I even see any of that action again? Could everything depend on this one Summer? I tried not to think about it too much, but it was lingering in my mind. So...

Maybe...?