The Text [Part 13]

"Yes mother..." You sighed, rubbing your eyes.

"And remember," She spoke, pacing around and grabbing a few things here and there. She turned and looked over at you. "You have to wear the pink pastel dress."

"Yes mother." You groaned, your eyes slowly closing.

"You do remember, right?" She reiterated, making her impatience obvious.

"Mother yes!" You yelled, your eyes snapping open as you sat up in your bed. "I heard you the first time, and I'm still listening to you say that same thing over and over and over again! 'You do remember' 'you remember right?', mom. Yes I remember. How could I forget when you have already said it eighteen-hundred times?"

"Mhm." Your mother nodded her head with her eyes averted, clearly not actually listening to you. "Anyways, you said Sasuke brought a tuxedo or something, right?"

"Yep," You growled, throwing your legs across the bed, landing the balls of your feet on the cold floor below you. "Right."

"Sasuke, sweetie!" She hollered, peeking her head out into the hallway. "Could you come in here and get your lazy fiancè out of her bed? I've already given up." She sighed, continuing to fold the whites out of the wooden basket.

Distant steps were heard, sequentially getting louder and louder until the bedroom door was opened.

"I'm so sorry, Mrs. [Surname]. What did you say?" Sasuke questioned, looking over at you a mere second afterwards. "Hey."

"I'll leave you two alone." Your mother responded, leaving the room with the door closed. "I'll be downstairs!"

The noise of the door closing alarmed you as you put on some fuzzy socks onto your feet to shield you from the cold.

"Good morning." You muttered somewhat quietly as you tried to fix your hair as smoothly as possible. "When did you get up?"

"Early." He responded quickly, walking to the end of your bed, leaning against the frame. "I couldn't really sleep."

A muzzled chuckle arose from your mouth as you shook your head in disbelief.

"Well, I don't know if you can tell, but I clearly slept just fine." You stood up, turning around to straighten out your bedsheets.

"I guess I'm the softie in this relationship then, hm?" Sasuke questioned as he pulled your face toward his, your eyes making a clear path to one another.

"God. You have such pretty eyes." You muttered, jumping in surprise.

"Did you just say I have pretty eyes?" Sasuke scoffed, bringing his hand back to his side.

"N-No! I didn't!" You denied, turning back toward you bed as your cheeks turned red.

"Well, it doesn't matter anyways. Your mom wants you to go by yourself to this bachelorette party today while I go to whatever his name's party." He yawned, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Are we just not going to talk about yesterday morning?" You spoke up, your shoulders perfectly parallel to his, your hands fiddling with one another.

"What do you mean?" He asked carelessly as he pulled his phone out of his pocket, beginning to text someone.

"Really?" You asked, crossing your arms.

"Really what? Elaborate."

"Sasuke!" You yelled, snatching the phone from his paws. "Who are you texting, huh? Is it that girl you were with a few days ago that you don't want me to find out about? Hm?"

The Uchiha's face turned pale white as he snatched onto your wrist with a tight grip.

"Watch what you're saying to me, [Surname]." He barked, tightening his grip even more.

"That hurts!" You yelled, pushing his hand off of your arm and flinging his body from yours, almost causing him to lose balance. "Don't touch me!"

A mere second after, you spotted your mother in the doorway with a frown on her face.

"Is everything okay over here?" She asked, worried.

Your eyes had quickly met with Sasuke's before you answered.

"Everything's fine." You growled, lightly tossing the phone to Sasuke before heading through the door. "I'm done here."