prologue

" A N D, M Y D E A R F R I E N D, I T H I N K W E W O U L D A L L B E H E R O E S I F W E

J U S T T O O K T H E T I M E T O L O V E O U R S E L V E S."

"So what are you, then?" she asked with her wide, blue, daunting eyes. "An angel?"

"No," I answered quickly and smoothly. "I'm no angel. I've just never died. Never aged a day past twenty since the day I drank the water."

"A-and you've been able to... to predict the future?" Indigo's eyes flickered like a candle in a dark night. "How do I know?"

I leaned forward, closer to her until I could feel her breaths blowing onto my skin and she could feel mine. "You ever heard about Kenton, Missouri?"

Indigo shook her head. "No." She quirked an eyebrow. "Was I supposed to?"

"No, honey. It's just- in 2013. Terrorists from Russia were planning to blow up Kenton's atomic radiation centre, and, with a concurring turn of Magnesium and Calcium overdose, take over America."

Indigo's eyes widened. "What happened?"

"I stopped them."

She didn't breathe for a few moments, staring into my green eyes as I stared into her deep, blue ones. "So what are you?" she repeated. "A young, 20-year-old who drank some mysterious water in the woods in 1940 and hasn't aged a day since then, who can also predict the future and stop calcium-magnesium, atomic bomb explosions?" Indigo shook her head. "That still doesn't explain why you saved me that day, with the car."

"I had to."

"Why?"

"There's something about you, Indigo. Something they want. You're strong, beautiful. Intelligent." She blushed. "I need you to help me."

Indigo stared at me; studying my face for a few minutes before releasing a shaky breath. "That settles it."

"What?"

"You're not an angel. Not a demon." Her eyes locked into mine. "You're a h e r o."

© longliveverything

COPYRIGHT 2014. ANY PART OF THIS BOOK REPRODUCED, RE-IMAGINED OR REWRITTEN ANYWHERE WITHOUT THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR WILL RESULT IN THE AUTHOR GETTING REALLY MAD AND COMING TO HUNT YOU DOWN AND FORCING YOU TO PAY ME IN JELLY BELLIES OR CHOCOLATE.

THIS STORY WILL CONTAIN ELEMENTS OF WAR, PARANORMAL ACTIVITY, GUNS, BLOOD AND THE OCCASIONAL STOLEN KISS.

DEDICATED TO @CHINAVASE FOR BEING MY IDOL, ROLE MODEL AND OTHERWISE JUST REALLY FABTASTIC PERSON.