6. life alert

Lance was conflicted. On one hand this boy that he had been crushing on since last year was literally sitting next to him, but on the other hand he had this overwhelming fear that Keith would hate him and never talk to him again. Lance wanted so desperately to ask the raven haired boy to be his boyfriend, but Lance’s overwhelming fear of rejection trampled over that idea. In need of a distraction he started looking around the car. Now that it was light out he could see a lot more details than he could last night. A big canvas covered up by a light blue sheet caught his attention.

“What’s with the canvas?” He asked breaking the comfortable silence they were in. “Oh, that’s my individuality project, it’s not done but I think I can get it done in maybe an hour or two.” Keith didn’t even look away from the road. “If you want to look at it go ahead I need the criticism or lack thereof.” Lance pulled the blue sheet off and stared in awe. Underneath that sheet was the most realistic painting he had ever seen. He knew that it was Pidge just by looking at it, it wasn’t hard to tell. The next thing he noticed was the background. It was detailed and the raindrops on the edge of the lens had the blurring effect like they would if you we wearing glasses in the rain. “This looks like it took hours, how long did you spend on this it looks amazing?” Lance was almost speechless. “It took me about four hours last night I think.” Keith smiled. They kept talking, the conversation topic changing from thing to thing.

After parking the car and getting his stuff out he and Lance had walked into the building and parted ways. Keith could not get his mind off the lanky cuban. His brain kept finding excuses to think about him and at this point it was making Keith agitated. He tried to keep his mind off of Lance by focusing on his painting but he would just zone out, the painting was just muscle memory at this point. His train of thought was interrupted by his instructor coming over to see his progress.

    “So I see you finally decided on what to do!” her voice was filled with excitement.

    “Yeah, I had a rush of inspiration yesterday so I went with it.” Keith didn’t even move while talking to his instructor while they had a twenty five minute conversation, all his focus was on his painting. He loved his painting but he still felt like something was missing. Like all of his artwork there was always one piece missing. No matter what colors he added, style he chose, or pictures he took there was always something missing. His phones buzzed, snapping him out of his thoughts.

{9:25am}

gremlin: i need updates binch wtf happened

keef: honestly, it was such a whirlwind.

keef: where do you want me to start?

gremlin: when u got there

keef: ok, so when i got there i got in the elevator and went up to his floor. then i asked this lady in the hallway if she knew which room was his.

gremlin: go on im intrigued

keef: so she starts to freak the fuck out and starts attacking me. im trying to calm her down when lance comes out in the hallway and starts yelling at her.

gremlin: this bitch wanna fuckin fight imma beat her ass right here right now

keef: he said we were just friends and then he threatened to call the cops on her if she ever came near me again so like.

keef: im super fucking gay for this guy now.

keef: oh and he’s bi so i might have a chance tbh.

gremlin: im gonna buy you a life alert you need one lmao

keef: what??

gremlin: bc you have fallen and you cant get up

gremlin: ur glued to the bottom of a bottomless pit if im being honest