Chapter 4

Hadyel stood on a tall rock on the shore, watching the black waves moving and splashing up and down, her short have-shaved hair blowing in the wind. Kartre sneaked up behind her. 

          "Hey!" he said. Hadyel jumped, because Kartre's greeting had startled her. She slipped on the rock, she fell off the edge. Before she could fall into the death waters, Kartre got hold of Her hand. "It's okay!" said Kartre. "I got you." Hadyel looked up into his eyes, panting. "Okay. Just take a deep breath." He pulled her up, trying not to grunt. She sat on the rock. She was in shock so she couldn't move. Her face was pale. She was crying, but instead of tears, she was crying blood. Kartre wrapped his arms around her and asked, "Are you okay? Is something irritating your eyes?" Hadyel didn't answer. Instead she looked up into the sky. A three legged bird flew right over the top of Kartre's head, and dived right into the waters. It screeched and fell, now with lumps bubbling out of It's neck. Hadyel fainted. Kartre shook her hard. She didn't wake up. She lay there looking quite dead. Kartre threw Hadyel onto his back and stepped off of the rock. He walked down to where everybody was hanging out. Isabella walked over to him.

          "Oh, no! What happened to Hadyel?" she asked. Kartre layed down Hadyel on the soft sand and said, "She just saw, uh, something bad." 

          "Like what?" asked Bella. Isabella could be very nosey at times.

          Kartre answered, "She saw a swan die from the nasty water in the lake." He pushed Hadyel's short hair out of her face. 

          "Kartre," whispered Isabella. "Do you think she'll be al right."

          Kartre shook his head, "I don't know..."

          "I don't want her to die." Tears started to form in his eyes. "Especially not now." She kept on talking about how much she wanted Hadyel to be alright until she woke up. 

          "Ugh... I feel like... What happened?" she asked. Kartre answered, 

          "You were with me, and you almost fell into the lake. I caught you though. But then you saw a swan fly into the lake... And something extremely gross happened with it, so you fainted."

            "Guys, come here!" called Mya. They all came to her voice. She was inside of a small cave. "We could camp here, and sleep here tonight." She heard murmurs of agreement coming from the party. Suddunly, a figure swooped down from the sky. When it landed, they saw it's features. It looked like a very edgy small thirteen-year-old boy with the wings of a bat. It picked up a severed mutated deer leg and took a bite with it's sharp teeth. Isabella ran over to greet the boy. It eyed her with it's bloodshot eyes. It hissed fiercely at the girl. 

          "You don't need to be afraid." she said. "I'm Isabella, but you can call me Bella. What's your name?" the boy smiled showing all his incredibly sharp fangs and said, 

          "It's Gidan." He pointed at Nicolas. "What's that that thing in his hands?!" Nicolas was holding his dragon, Leonard. 

         "That's my dragon, Leonard." said Nick as he smiled at the bat boy. He shrieked as Gidan flew down and slashed Nicolas's faced. Nick yelled in agony as he felt the warm blood flow down his cheeks. Gidan grabbed Nick by the shirt collar and yelled, "Where did you get that..." Nick didn't reply. "Hello?! I said, where did you get that?!" 

          Nicolas studdered, "I, uh, g-got him at th-the old abandoned su-supermarket." Gidan hissed and tore a piece of Nick's cheek. Nicolas screamed from the pain. 

         Gidan said, "Why, you dirty little liar, you stole him from me! You'll never see the light again!" he pulled Nicolas high up into the sky with him. Gidan flew over the contaminated, radioactive lake of instant death. He didn't drop him in. Instead he flew to the middle. The middle of the lake was changing color from green to purple. Green steam was coming out. The water was starting to bubble. "There is a one hundred foot radioactive volcano under these waters." said Gidan. "and a creature lives in that volcano. When the lava pours out, the creature knows that all of the freezing fish will swim over. The creature in one bite, will catch all of the fish." He pointed to a strange movement in the water. A humongous piranha jumped out, flipped, and splashed back into the water. Gidan chuckled and said, "That's only it's prey. This creature is much worse, my little fishy." he let go of Nick's shirt collar. Nicolas fell down screaming. He could hear Hadyel screaming and crying for him. He could feel the cold, then burning hot breath of death. Nicolas watched his little dragon, Leonard, fly out of his hands and into the sky. It was as if the world had now just paused. He looked down and saw a small bit of the beast in the water.

              The creature had about a thousand tentacles, both jelly fish and squid. At the end of each tentacle there was a sharp poisonous needle. Oh, no! He saw an even bigger fish eat It. It was covered in spikes, and had about fifty mouths. It had no eyes. SPLASH! Nicolas fell down into the waters with the horrible beast. He could hear the giant fish making a loud roaring buzzing noise. He could also hear Hadyel yelling. He couldn't quite make out what she was saying, but he could tell that she was obviously freaking out. 

           "It's okay." he thought, wishing Hadyel could hear him. "This was my destiny and fate, anyway. Don't be sad, Hadyel." He saw himself falling into one of the mouths of the creature. Nick took a deep breath and closed his eyes."Goodbye." There was a chomp, and then a silence.