Killing Is His Second Name

This was written for the Ereri Secret Santa event 2017 on tumblr ^^

I wrote a hitman AU

I hope you all will enjoy it! *^*

--------------------

Erwin Smith slided the picture across his desk, until it halted right under the other's gaze. Levi Ackerman picked it up, regarded it for a short moment.

"So? What kind of guy is it this time I have to deal with?" he questioned, a hint of disgust resonated in his voice. Whatever the answer would be, he already knew it wasn't a nice one.

"Carlos. A slave trader." Erwin's words were snippy. Short but just enough information. No single emotion evident. He weaved his fingers together and placed them before his lips with propped elbows. His eyebrows were slightly creased.

Levi stared at him, eyes squinted. "'Slave trader', you say?" His tone didn't miss to enrich with disgust.

"Yes." Again a short remark, professional.

Levi was aware of the different types of these kind of people. And he guessed by Erwin's distant and decent discreetness that the man on the photo belonged to the grosser type.

"I see." Levi deemed the talk to be over, and Erwin didn't object.

Only thing he did was give out one last information. "He often lingers inside the big warehouse at the east port where he'd handle his deals.

"Mhm." Levi's mumble indicated impatience - or indifference, hard to tell -, and he pocketed the picture, straightened his jacket. "'S that all?"

"You're free now. Do your job however you like."

"Great."

It didn't take longer than an hour until Levi had stationed at a secluded dark place on one of the higher floors inside the warehouse, after having get rid of his target's bodyguards that had been waiting outside in front of the door the man had come in. Before that, he had also had to get rid of the man who had already been waiting here by the time Levi had arrived, but knocking him out to unconsciousness and dragging the body to a hiding place had been the easiest part of this job.

At least Levi was inside the warehouse and in position now. On every side there were stairs that led up to five floors, platforms running right next to the walls on each floor. Other than that, each level was mostly free of any rooms or ground.

Levi leant against a stack of cardboard boxes, placing his rifle ontop, propping it on a stand and attaching a silencer to his gun. Occasionally, he'd let his eyes float around the ground floor, looking out for his target. His thin brows were arched in concentration, his breathing even, merely the sound of clicks, coming from his gun, breaching the eerie tranquility.

A while after, and Levi had eventually prepared his equipment and taken his position by leaning his upper body against the surface of a box, arms bent, hands holding the rifle with meticulousness and fines. From then on he would observe the bottom ground through his rifle scope. The moon's white, pure light sprinkled through the milky windows sparely, at least sufficiently enough to give him the low level of brightness he needed.

And Levi shall not wait long. Because after what felt like only 10 minutes, Levi's victim had come to stage-literally, in Levi's opinion. Carlos strode to the center of the warehouse's interior. For Levi, it was the most efficient spot he could have chosen. Levi went full killing mode, eyes and reflexes and mind becoming one with his rifle. He curled a finger around the trigger, activated the laser pointer on his gun for better aim. As Carlos moved forward, Levi's red dot moved with him. The head seemed to achieve best results. It always did. There would be no failures if he killed him like that.