Chapter 13

When Harry woke up the next morning he found himself lying in the middle of the bed, Hermione curled under one arm, and Alex under the other. Hermione had just woken too and saw Harry's eyes bulging in horror. She giggled uncontrollably.

"Hermione--what, how... Wh-what happened last night?" Harry stammered. Hermione couldn't stop giggling.

"Nothing you'll regret Harry. Don't worry! We both woke up in the middle of the night, and you looked uncomfortable, so we dragged you to bed and fell asleep again beside you. ... I'm not sure how Alex ended up wrapped around you though."

Well, one thing Harry was regretting was that having a beautiful young woman snuggled under each arm made it impossible to avoid "raising the tent" in his trousers. This was embarrassing. Harry hoped Alex was still asleep. Fortunately everyone had just fallen asleep fully dressed on top of the covers.

"Hermione, move, I need to get up." 

Hermione nearly had a fit as Harry slid off her side of the bed with a pillow on his lap. As he moved Alex's arm fell off his chest onto the bed and she began to stir.

"Oooooh! Why does my head hurt so much?" Alex moaned, "Make it stop! Mason?" 

Alex opened her eyes and the morning light sent another wave of pain shooting through her head. What was she doing on this bed? What happened last night? She saw Hermione and Harry, still dressed in yesterday's clothes--but where was Mason? Hadn't she just been snuggling with him?

"Hermione, where's Mason? What happened? ...Ooooow, my head!" Alex groaned again. Hermione looked uncomfortable, Harry fled the room.

"It's okay," Hermione said kindly, "We all just had a bit too much to drink last night. Nothing happened. We just woke up in the night and crashed on the bed because it was more comfortable."

But Alex remembered her hand caressing a warm chest shortly before she fully awoke.

"And Mason?" She asked again. Hermione turned scarlet.

"I'm so sorry Alex! We couldn't stop him. He... er... he said he felt ill and he had to leave. I was going to send Harry after him, but you said no. I think Mason was about to turn."

"Oh No! That means he's jealous," groaned Alex. "You're sure that nothing happened--between... between any of us right? You know, to upset him."

Hermione was hesitant.

"Please, tell me," begged Alex. "I have to know if I deserved for him to leave me." 

Hermione looked shocked.

"Of course nothing happened! But even so, nobody ever deserves to just be left by someone they love, especially over some juvenile alcohol fueled delusion." Hermione said, rolling her eyes. She couldn't believe it was happening again. Did all women have to deal with this rubbish? "You don't deserve to be treated like that," she finished crossly.

"All you did was get drunk, put your hand on my shoulder, and pass out in my lap! I don't know what Mason thought was going on. He just looked like he was going to be sick, and starting to turn when he left."

"Oh Noooo! That's bad," Alex whined. "That means... that means he's really jealous of... of... you and me?" she wailed. And as she cried out, a voice in the back of her head wondered if that would be so bad. She put her head in her hands again. "Make it stop. It hurts." she whimpered like a pained child.

"Here," said Hermione, "I've got something that will do the trick. Just drink it all and you'll feel better in about 45 seconds." Hermione passed Alex one of the little vials of pain potion she had brought. Alex did as she was told and moments later she felt much better.