CHAPTER 1

I have been in these woods for months. And it's been so ridiculous. I have been accused of things I didn't do, all of my things have been burnt to a crisp, and my house has been taken from me. When I got the letter about three months ago I didn't do much. For whether I left my house or not it wouldn't have mattered anyways. They would find a way to ruin my life no matter what I did to stop them.

They were on my coattails for nothing more than the fact that my parent were killed by them for knowing secret information and they think I know about it. I don't. I gotten yet another letter about six months ago ordering me to be at their office in two days. I didn't go. They wanted to prosecute me for information that I don't know. Seeing if I know what my parents knew, Like they left me something or pulled me off to the side telling me some government secret like it would benefit me at all. Yes, because when I think "what's in my child's best interest?" I think "let us tell them information that could possibly get them killed".

I have run deep into the woods just off the town I used to live in. I have set up a small camp. I decided that today I am going to move again. I have constantly been on the move. And I better get going soon so that I cannot be traced. About every two weeks they have the Canine Unit try and follow my scent. They are so easy to figure out. Simple patterns.

I pack my necessities from my camp and cover everything else in mud and leaves. I start walking through the woods. There is not much to see that happens to be particularly interesting, only trees. Many, many trees, it has begun to make me wish I had studied these more in my home room back in grade school. For if I had, these trees could be much more interesting to me. Oh well, after walking in the woods for about an hour I notice the trees starting to get less dense. There must be a clearing up ahead. I think to myself. I keep walking. After a few minutes I see where the tree line stops. I began to emerge from the woods and see a big house.

The house was a log cabin on top of a small hill. On the way up the hill I see a shooting target and a small shed. I continue up the hill paying no mind to that. When I reach the top I see a small garage and a wood porch. I don't see any cars around and it looks like noone is there. I walk through the door and see a small patio type sunroom. By the door there are some pairs of boots and some crocs. As I continue through the sunroom I see some baseball caps hanging by a pair of deer antlers that are mounted by the wall.

As I go through the next door I enter the actual house and I am ambushed with a smell of homemade bread. The whole house has wooden floors. When you enter the house on the left of me is a small kitchen with a bar on the other side with several chairs pulled up to it. Each chair a different size and shape. Even though it smell of homemade bread is there there is no food being made. Nothing cooking.

I look to the other side of me there is a big table will several chairs around it and on the wall there was a huge portrait of Jesus. On the table there is a bright white table cloth covering it. I continue through the house and there is a small wood furnace and beside on the the wall up a bit is a large stuffed deer. As I look up some more I see on the rafters there are some small trinkets, such as things like fake ducks, small glass house, ect.

I walk into the living room. The house is very open so far with no walls between what I have walked through. It's nice. In the living room There is a reclining loveseat with a buffalo skin hung above it on the wall. There was a bookcase on the right side of the loveseat with several things on the bookcase. There was some pictures of some children all looking similar. There was also a coffee mug on the bookcase shelf. One the other side of the love-seat there is a small side table with a jar with small chocolate candies inside it. And a small TV remote beside the jar. I look around the living room some more and there is a couch and two rocking chairs. There is a TV at the opposite end of the living room facing the loveseat.

As I walk back towards the the kitchen I see a hallway. I start to walk down the hallway. I meet the first door down the hallway and open it, inside was a pantry. I close the door and move on. As I move on there were a lot of pictures of kids and some people. They seemed like family members, like they were important. I disregard the next door thinking it was probably another pantry. The next door down the hallway was open and inside was a bathroom. The bathroom was beach themed. On the walls there was pictures of small children at the beach. I move on. I reach the end of the hallway and there is a glass case. On each side of me there are two doors. I go into the room on the left.

In the room there is a queen sized bed with a big quilt on it. The bed has tons of pillows covering the bed. Beside the the bed on the left there is a tall dresser with a small crystal rock with it lit up. Close to the dresser there is a wall covered in pictures. Some of the pictures on the wall are of the same people who are in the hallway and all around the house. You can see the pictures go through time. The camera quality gets better with each picture. Some of the pictures are in black and white and some are not. The pictures are some of the same people showing them grow up. On the opposite side of the room is a huge long, short dresser with a mirror on it that is the same length of the dresser. There on the corner of the dresser is a small TV. Beside that dresser there is about a small child high pile of movies, some on vhs and some on cds. And on the other side of the movies is another dresser with some more pictures on the top. Beside that dresser there is a closet with a sliding door. As I leave I see a marriage license hanging above the light switch.

I go into the other room and in there it is gorgeous. There is a king sized bed with a huge fur comforter on it. There was another vanity/dresser opposite the bed. There was some more pictures. The dresser was covered in jewelry and things like that. There is a large flat screen TV mounted high on the wall. Each side of the bed has a small bedside table. As I get deeper in the room I see a push door. When I reach the door I hear something. Then I realize the noise is footsteps.