*CHRISTMAS SPECIAL*

Results of the Disobedience Christmas Contest! Thank you again to those who participated, I LOVED reading all of your one-shots!  But I did say that I would pick three winners so here are the much anticipated results!

1st Place: @hiraeeeeth with "Gloomy Christmas Days"

2nd Place: @pradadevil with "Twelve"

3rd Place: @xoxo7777 (Untitled)

4th Place: A tie between @Hortella with "Holy Night" and @DifferentColours with "Feelings"

Again, thank you all so much for participating! Wonderful pieces all around! I've done a one-shot of my own for the holiday, so with that note, I hope everyone enjoys this little snippet of Brielle and Harry's (past) holiday!

Harry pokes his head out from behind a booth, a decorative mask concealing his face as his hands weave through the air. Brielle laughs and shoves his shoulders. "You're ridiculous."

He hasn't acted like himself since his mother scolded him in public and she's glad that he feels comfortable in his own skin again. The last time she did that, he held his tongue for a week and only spoke to anyone when they asked him a question.

The mask clinks as he sets it back on the table where it belongs. "Ridiculously handsome."

Brielle elbows him and he laughs as if it's a compliment. She's missed being out in public with him and being able to laugh without worrying about who's watching. His smile is always a beacon, but in the market square it is the light of all the stars and the sun combined.

"What are we looking for today?" Harry only brings her to the market square when he needs something, otherwise his parents scold him and add three more lessons to the fifteen he endures every day. The lessons are almost over, but she hates that he has to endure them for so long when all they do is tell him to do the opposite of what he's been taught.

Most of the village is out buying last minute gifts for Christmas and he sees the crowded square as an opportunity. The tips of his fingers brush hers in a hesitant dance as his eyes flutter between faces. "Nothing in particular."

"Please, there has to be something."

A little girl peers through a smudged window and giggles when she sees Harry's fingers caught between hers. Brielle's cheeks flush a color that resembles the sunset. Harry grins and places a handful of salted caramels on the windowsill as they pass.

Brielle is admiring the decorations in the windows when his lips brush her ear. "Run with me after this booth."

He doesn't allow her time for questions as they walk past the jewelers booth. The moment their feet pass the imaginary threshold he's created, he's pulling her along by her fingers, laughing as the trees whip past in colored blurs.

She hasn't run like this since they were kids and her lungs protest after only a few breaths. Harry runs with the guards every afternoon so the change in pace doesn't bother him as he slows to keep her comfortable. They run until they're at the edge of the forest, steps away from the Gilly river and its frigid waters.

Brielle feels like there's a sword between both of her lungs. "Harry...what--"

Warm hands hold her cheeks as he kisses her like she's all the oxygen left in the world. Brielle gasps when he retracts his lips, her lungs screaming for air despite the craving he's ignited in her veins. "What was...that for?"

He leans in and kisses her once more, his teeth knocking against hers as he smiles. "Because I love you."

She laughs and returns his affection. "Where are we going?"

The oxygen has found its way back into her lungs, but the blood is still clinging to her cheeks. Harry takes her hand and brings her to the water's edge. A small boat sits atop the water, waiting to travel somewhere far away with its owner.

"We're running away. Well, sailing away. She's got enough provisions for a month and seven blankets to keep us warm and comfortable wherever we end up."

For a moment she thinks she's dreaming. He's promised her they would run away together for so long, but he's never hinted at how or where they would go. She's been dreaming about this for four years.

Brielle is so excited that her foot catches in his and they both end up on the ground in a fit of laughter.

"Tell me this isn't a dream."

Harry tucks a strand of hair behind her ear, his smile as gentle as the snow beginning to fall. "This isn't a dream. I'm tired of hiding and being told what to do. I just want to be with you, Elle."

The boat is floating downstream as the sun dozes off for the night to let the moon take over the throne. Music floats from the banks and laughter finds their ears as they watch the stars light up the darkness.

Brielle rests her head on Harry's chest, their fingers cold beneath the three blankets that cover them. "How will I ever outdo you?"

Harry kisses her temple, "By being my wife."

"My hand has always been yours."

She's caught in visions of white dresses and flowers as Harry hums to a lullaby Mae and Lilly taught them a few years back. Leaving the palace opens up so many doors. They won't have to worry about who will catch them or what the consequences will follow. Harry won't have to play a part and they can get married without any boundaries.

But who will walk her down the aisle? Will her parents know how to find her? Will they ever be able to meet her children?

Tears burn her cheeks the longer she wonders about everything she's leaving behind. Harry notices and nearly knocks the blanket off them in his haste to determine the source of her sorrow. "Elle...love, what's wrong?"

She shakes her head and the tears only fall faster. "What about my...my family? I...they won't be able to...Harry I..."

"Oh...no. No, Elle...I didn't mean to upset you I...I thought we could figure that out. Christ, I didn't think. Do you want to go back? I can take us back I--"

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Harry."

He pulls her into a hug, his arms a comforting pressure to her shaking frame. "No, baby. It's alright. It's not your fault."

Brielle's fingers trap themselves in the soft fabric of his shirt. "I want to marry you, I do. I'm so sorry."

She feels like she's just ruined the only chance they have at escape. Christmas Eve and he's given her the best gift she could have asked for and she's crying about leaving her family behind after only a few hours.

Harry's arms leave her body, only to be replaced by his lips. How he wants to kiss her when she's a sniveling mess is beyond her comprehension. His parent's are so wrong about him.

"I know, we'll get there someday. Whenever you're ready, just say the word and we'll go."

Brielle rests her nose in his neck, the faint pulse of his heart a comfort she hadn't realized she loved so much before tonight. He's the best Christmas present she's ever gotten and she hopes that he'll always be the heart beneath her ribcage.