A Console Christmas

Description: When 3DS and PSVita's plans for the holiday go awry, they're forced to go with the next best option.

It was Christmas time at VGA. Everyone was in the holiday spirit. The walkways were paved with snow, and most classes were cancelled. Most students were content to stay inside with a cup of hot chocolate, but 3DS still had things to do. Catching up with classes that hadn't been cancelled had given her barely any time to go shopping. Luckily, she had gotten it all done now. She arrived back at the Nintendo dorms with several bags under her arms. She sighed and dropped all the bags on the kitchen table, where Wii U was sitting.
"Long day, huh?" He chuckled.
"You could say that." 3DS laughed. She opened up a bag, pulling out several items. "I got something for everyone in the dorm. I even got some stuff for the Sony guys. I got a tablet case for Wii, two videogames for DS and DSi, I found this really cool scarf for PS2..."
"What'd you get me?" Wii U asked. 3DS was about to tell him, before she caught herself and smirked at Wii U with a raised eyebrow.
"Nice try." She said. The two laughed, and 3DS went back into the bag. Her smile quickly dropped. Wii U noticed this too.
"Something wrong?" He asked. 3DS looked up.
"I... uh... I can't find the gift I got for PSVita." She said. "I got her this awesome art tablet, and I can't find it."
"I didn't know she was an artist." Wii U said.
"She is. Her art is great, but she wanted to get this tablet so she could do digital stuff." 3DS explained. "I bought it for her, but now I can't find it."
"Did you leave it in the car?" Wii U asked.
"No, I'm sure I didn't." 3DS said. She was getting more frantic now. "I would have noticed if I dropped it. Where the hell could it be?"
Suddenly, she froze. She realized what had happened now.
"Oh shit!" She said. "I ordered it online!"
"What?" Wii U asked, raising an eyebrow.
"I bought it on the online store, but I completely forgot to pick it up!" She groaned. "I'll have to go back out and get it. But the store's probably closed by now!"
"You can just pick it up tomorrow, right?" Wii U said.
"Yeah, but tomorrow's Christmas eve! I'll never be able to get out there!" 3DS said. She groaned even louder and face palmed as she fell down onto the couch. "I'm such an idiot."
"Hey, c'mon, no you're not." Wii U said. "We can head out tomorrow and pick it up. It'll be fine."
3DS sighed. "Okay. I guess you're right." She said. She got up from the couch and walked into the kitchen. "I need some egg nog."

Meanwhile, PSVita and PS2 were still out. They had been shopping the whole day, and were just now heading back to the dorms. PS4 wasn't far behind them, though he wasn't as cheerful as the two girls. He grimaced as he wiped the snow off of his shoulder.
"I don't understand how everyone loves this time of year." He said. "It's cold, there's too many people, and I always spend way too much money."
"Oh, don't be such a Scrooge." PS2 said. PSVita chuckled at her response. She held up her list of people she had to get gifts for, and saw all the names were crossed off except for 3DS.
"We just have one more stop to make before we go home." She said. "I still have to get a gift for 3DS."
"Ooh, what're you gonna get her?" PS2 asked.
"I'm found this new MP3 player online." PSVita explained. "It's really high-tech. It can play music, videos, and pictures. It even has a tiny hologram projector to show 3D images."
"I'm sure she'll love it." PS2 said. "So we just have to pick it up?"
"Yep. I reserved it, so I just have to pay for it, and then we can go home." PSVita replied.
"Let's get going then. The sooner we get there, the sooner we can leave." PS4 replied. The two girls giggled at the former leader's impatience. Finally, they got to the electronics store. Unfortunately, they had gotten there too late, and it was closed. PSVita's heart dropped.
"Oh no..." She said.
"Well, that's too bad." PS4 said. "Let's go home." He was about to leave, but PS2 grabbed him by the back of his jacket before he could leave.
"You already bought it, right?" She said. "We'll just come back tomorrow and pick it up then."
"But it's Christmas Eve tomorrow! It's gonna be so busy." PSVita said. She slumped onto the cold ground and brought her knees up to her chest as she leaned up against a wall. "This is my and 3DS' first Christmas as a public couple. I was hoping to make it special."
"Don't worry. Just because it'll be busy doesn't mean we won't be able to get in." PSVita advised. She placed a hand on her shoulder. "I won't allow your and 3DS' Christmas to be ruined."
PSVita sniffled and smiled at PS2 sadly. "Thanks." She said. PS2 smiled warmly at her and helped her up, placing a hand on her back.
"C'mon, let's go get some hot cocoa." She said.
"Finally, something we can agree on." PS4 agreed, making the others giggle.