Intro Jungkook

"Soon, we'll get you out of that hospital bed," Namjoon promised as he checked the medical charts.

"You're an angel, Doctor," Jungkook said softly. "You've been taking care of me for two whole years. I'm sure most people would just give up on me by now."

"I don't believe in giving up on my patients," the doctor replied with a smile. "The good news is you're moving up the list for that transplant."

"Yay," Jungkook said, smiling at that. "I'm gonna have a new, healthy heart."

"They filled the snack machines~."

Jimin slipped in and smiled when he saw Namjoon. He gave him a kiss on a cheek before sitting next to the hospital bed, handing over a bottle of fruit juice and a candy bar.

"Don't tell on me," Jungkook asserted as he took his treats.

"I saw nothing," Namjoon reacted with a chuckle. "Jimin, when you have a few minutes, I'd like to speak to you about something in private. Nothing serious, I assure you."

"I'll come to find you," Jimin reassured. Namjoon left the room, closing the door behind him.

"I'm moving up the list," Jungkook replied as he sampled some of his juice. "I'm gonna get better soon."

"That's great," Jimin responded with a simper. "Then you won't have to spend so much time in the hospital." He reached over and ruffled the younger male's hair gently.

"Jimin, I won't have any more heart attacks, right?" Jungkook asked suddenly, his voice filled with worry. "I don't wanna have them anymore."

"You're gonna be all better when you get this new heart," the older male cooed. "Don't you worry about a thing, okay? No more heart attacks, no more chest pains, no more anything. You'll be a healthy boy, free to live and love his life."

"I hope so," Jungkook acknowledged with a nod. "You should go see what the doctor wants. I bet he's asking you about dinner."

"Shush," Jimin giggling softly. "I'll be right back, Jungkook." He stood up and hugged the younger male before slipping out of the room. He smiled when he saw Namjoon was still nearby, at the nurse's station. He went over and waved a little.

"Hey," Namjoon calls as he came over.

"What's going on? Dinner?" Jimin asked curiously.

"I didn't want Jungkook to panic," Namjoon responded quickly. "It's about the latest round of tests we did on his heart."

"What's wrong?" his boyfriend asked, instantly concerned. "Is he gonna be alright?"

"His heart's extremely weakened right now," Namjoon stated gently. "We'll have to give him a pacemaker just so he can keep going until it's time for his transplant."

"O-oh," Jimin frowning at those words. "Joonie, he's gonna be okay, right? He won't die or anything?"

"Not on my watch," Namjoon reassured, kissing Jimin's forehead. "We can schedule the surgery for tomorrow morning. I'll keep an eye on the list to see if he moves up more. He's at number two. If a heart comes in that matches him, he'd get first priority."

"Good," Jimin responded, hugging his boyfriend tightly. "Thank you so much for taking such good care of him."

"It's what I do," the doctor said as he pulled away. "I'm gonna go check on my other patients. I'll be back in a little while. It might be best if you let Jungkook know about the pacemaker surgery. He'll have time to process it before I come to talk to him about it."

"I will don't worry," Jimin said with a nod. "I'll miss you, Doctor~."

"I'll miss you too, my love~," Namjoon answered, blowing him a kiss before he headed off to check on his other patients.

~~~~

"I'm scared," Jungkook whined out.

"Shhhh, it's gonna be okay," Jimin said quickly as he petted the younger male's hair.

"What if they never find a heart for me?" Jungkook whimpered. "What if I die? I don't wanna die!"

"Don't think like that," Jimin scolded gently. "You are gonna be okay. Namjoon said he had to check on something with the transplant list. I'm sure it's a good thing." Jungkook started crying as he hugged the older male tightly.

He was so scared that he'd never get out of the hospital...or that he'd die. He didn't want to die. He had so many things he wanted to do. He wanted to have a new heart so he'd be better.

The door was opened, Namjoon slipping in with a wide smile.

"Jungkook, I have the most amazing news," he announced cheerfully. "We've found a heart for you. I'm having the operating room prepped for you."

"Oh, my gosh!" Jimin said as he gazed at Jungkook. "Oh, Kookie, you're gonna have a new heart!" Jungkook cried even more, but his tears were filled with joy now.

He was going to be okay. He would get to live his life.

"The nurse is gonna come in soon to get you prepped for surgery," Namjoon continued. "Jimin, don't sneak in any food or drinks."

"Are you performing the surgery?" Jimin asked suddenly.

"Of course," the doctor said with a nod. "You're in good hands, Jungkook."

"Th-thank y-you," Jungkook managed to say as he wiped at his eyes. "Thank you so much."

~~~~

The surgery had been a complete success, and Jungkook was resting peacefully. Jimin read through a magazine while he sat by the bed. Everything was so perfect now.

"Excuse me?"

Jimin looked over and noticed Seokjin, Namjoon's brother, peeking in slightly. He waved him in and set his magazine aside. Seokjin let out a soft, shaky breath and gazed at Jungkook curiously.

"Are you okay?" Jimin asked with concern. "You seem like you might cry."

"I just wanted to see how the patient was doing," Seokjin admitted with a little smile. "I know Joon's been working really hard on getting this one better."

"He's just resting up," Jimin explained with a soft sigh. "Surgery was perfect. He's gonna be ready to go home soon, I hope." Seokjin went over to the bed and studied Jungkook's face before he sniffled suddenly. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'll be fine," the older male reassured as he wiped at his eyes while they flooded with tears. "He reminds me of Taengie..."

"Oh," Jimin said, letting out a breath. Namjoon had told him that Seokjin's fiancé, Taengie, had been killed on their wedding day. "I'm so sorry."

"Thank you," Seokjin stated softly. "At least my beloved's heart will be put to good use." Jimin perked up.

"That's where the heart came from?" he murmured silently after a few moments. "Gosh..."

"Let's keep that between you and me and Namjoon, okay?" Seokjin answered quickly. "I don't wanna creep anyone out. But...I wouldn't mind getting to come to visit a little if that's alright with you."

"I'm sure that will be fine," Jimin responded with a slight nod. "I'll let Jungkook know when he wakes up."

"Thank you," Seokjin declared before he went to the door, slipped out without another word.

"Poor thing," Jimin said softly to himself. "You'll have to cheer him up, Jungkookie."

~~~~~~~~~~

Hi, loves~ It's lunastarlight! This is my first co-author project, and I'm really hyped about it! I hope you guys like this~ And show Reign_lulubell07 some love, this is all their idea ^^