The Truth: Sugar-coated

A girl likes boy 1 who happens to be two years older. Her (older) brother is in his class, so he knows for sure that boy 1 is single. He encourages her to confess to him.

She listens to her older brother.

Boy 1 doesn't like her, in fact he doesn't like girls at all, (plus he has someone else on his mind) so he just rejects her without really explaining himself. Removing the bandage quickly hurts less, right?

She doesn't really take it well (who would, really?), she comes home crying.

Her older brother learns what happened. It was all his fault and he knew damn well he messed up. But instead of blaming himself, his first instinct was to blame boy 1. Like the overprotective brother he is, he goes looking for answers.

"What did you say to my sister?"

"Just told her I didn't like her back."

"You didn't tell her why."

"Did I have to explain myself?"

"She thinks it's her fault."

"Not my problem."

"Yeah, but it's my problem."

"What do you want from me?"

Boy 1 grows more and more frustrated with every word. Why is he even being dragged into this?! It's not even his fault.

"I want you to tell her the truth! Sugar coat it as much as you have to! Just make my sister stop crying!"

Boy 1 says things he'll almost immediately regret saying:

"The truth!? Sure thing! I'll just tell her I don't like girls at all! And that I like her older brother better! Is that sugar coated enough!? Hope it makes her feel better!"

"...W-what?"

~

[A/N: This is actually heavily inspired by this Thai Lip Balm commercial I saw. Link: https://youtu.be/qc5H_BQRba0]