Prologue

Prologue

On April 25 2016, Reilly along with Jayda, Madisyn, Chris, and Maggie decided to head down south to escape the plague that had already got their families and a huge chunk of the population. With their families already dead because of the ZVC (Zombie Virus Control), all they had left was each other. From what they had heard on the news before their families were killed, down in northern California was uninfected territory and there was a cure there. They had found each other after they had ran from their houses when the officers came. They thought the safest place to go was the high school they attended until it was shut down due to how contagious the sickness was. None of them knew exactly why they went to the school but something told them (or made them) go. Many knew that the sickness was a zombie virus, but others thought it was an extreme form of rabies, but one thing was for sure: it changed people into mindless bodies whose only purpose is to infect others. They lose all of their memories and emotions; they might as well be walking dead bodies. The bodies usually stay normal other than the pale white skin, but in some cases the body will adapt and morph to become something incredibly strong or fast and not even recognizable as what use to be a human. The five friends are as prepared as they can be, however they are not ready for the horrors that lie ahead of them and the extreme amount of infected they are going to have to get through.