ONE

Don't forget to Vote and Comment.❤

~♤~

"I love you."

Harry tensed. He didn't expect to hear those words, especially from Louis. They were friends, who occasionally slept together when they were too drunk or needed to release their excessive energy on something. It had been like this for two years now. Never had he believed that Louis would fall for him.

They had just finished having sex a few minutes ago. Something twisted in his stomach, and suddenly he wasn't feeling well. How could he say the following words, without breaking his best friend's heart?

"You don't have to say it back." Louis' quiet voice was heard again. "I didn't say it because I expect you to feel the same. I just wanted you to know."

Louis had his head on the chest of the love of his life, hearing the thump thump thump of his heartbeat. He knew Harry wouldn't say it back. He knew that he was in for an inevitable heartbreak, but after thinking about it for so long, two long years, he had finally decided to let Harry know how he felt. Harry deserved to know.

"I love you Louis, but... Just not like that." The green-eyed boy finally hesitantly uttered, releasing a sigh.

Louis squeezed his eyes shut, trying to keep the promise to himself that he wouldn't cry when those words would come. A traitorous tear fell down his cheek and he let it slide, hoping Harry wouldn't notice it.

Even though Louis knew those words would come, coming face to face with the bitter reality was like a hard punch to his face. He knew Harry didn't love him, could understand it in the way Harry only called him when he needed release.

Louis being the stupid guy in love that he was would never say no, just agreeing immediately to Harry and getting those little moments of affection he could get.

Mustering all the courage left in him he finally spoke, "It's okay, Harry, I already knew it." He felt proud he said it without his voice breaking. He tried so hard not to sniff.

Harry placed a chaste kiss on his head, and Louis didn't say anything. He just wanted to cherish these moments for as long as he had them. As long as he could. He didn't want to love Harry, but his heart was stubborn and didn't listen to all his prayers of just wishing to stop loving his best friend. Louis would never be able to count the nights he had spent begging and praying for him to no longer have an unrequited love for somebody who would never consider him as important enough to love.

"I hope this doesn't stop us from being friends. You're my best friend Louis, and I don't want to lose you."

"Of course you won't, silly," Louis gave him a wet laugh, hitting him half-heartedly on the chest with the back of his hand, "I am your friend, first of all, I am sure these feelings will pass."

Louis knew they wouldn't, but he didn't want to make Harry even more uncomfortable. It wasn't Harry's fault Louis had gone and fallen for him. It was all Louis'. He hadn't been able to make the difference between real love and just friends who sometimes slept together.

He felt Harry relaxing under him, and he kissed Harry in between his pecs to assure him that it was okay, even though his heart felt like it was burning to ashes.

~♤~

"This is the third time this week you throw up, Louis, I don't give a fuck if you don't want to, I'm going to drag you down the road if I need to, you're going to visit a doctor," Niall said from where he was standing in the bathroom door. He was watching his friend emptying his guts, and couldn't help the grimace that had appeared on his face.