Chapter 1

Hamilton POV:

It was my first day going to college I was a little nervous and excited at the same time. While in the taxi to get there my hair pulled back in a ponytail as usual when we arrived. I stepped out to look at all the students walking in groups when the taxi driver finally spoke "Uh... sir?"he began speaking before I cut him off handing him 20 dollars knowing it wouldn't be enough "sir?" he said once again. "Keep the change" I replied admiring the view. A few moments later, I heard a screeching of tires on asphalt. The taxi driver must have realized that's all I had and sped off. "Well shit," I mumbled under my breath when I saw three girls walking towards me they were all wearing the same thing, jeans and a jacket. The first girl wearing a baby pink jacket and looking to be the oldest was the first to say hi. "Hi, I'm Angelica," the second wearing a sky blue jacket was next. "Hi, my name's Elizabeth or Eliza for short," the last one wearing sun-bright yellow pushed in between them said "and I'm Peggy we are the Schuyler Sisters!!!" "Alexander Hamilton... My name is Alexander Hamilton" I added after she had spoke. An awkward amount of time passed, and Eliza finally broke the silence. "Where's all you stuff?" she asked looking around. "Uh... the taxi driver kinda took it because I didn't have enough money..." Peggy spoke again "Well don't worry about that! We can get you some clothes and books for class! Our dad has money we could use." "Wait, you would do that for me?" I asked, confused. "Well, yeah, we always want to help people, speaking of family,  where's yours from?" Angelica asked. She had a clear desire to know. "Uh... that's... unimportant, there is a million things I haven't done to push that in the past" I replied not wanting her to know what really happened. "Uh... anyway do you happen to know who..." I look down at my wrist to see smudged writing "Jack Lauren is?" I say finishing my sentence (Hi author here I actually don't know why Hamilton calls Laurens "Jack or Jackie" so in this story this is why) "Do you mean John Laurens?" Eliza inquires. "Yeah, I think so..." I say, showing them my wrist. "Yes, we do know John, he is our best friend, why?" Peggy asks. Angelica adds before I could answer "He's your best friend, Peggy,  you hang out with him all the time, if he wasn't gay people would think you're a couple." "Wait, he's gay?" I ask, clearly confused. Eliza clarified, "Oh, yeah, everyone knows." I shrug in an effort to drop the subject.  "Anyway, I think he's my roommate, do you know what his room number is?" They all nod in agreement as they begin to lead me to one of the large buildings ahead of us.