Chapter 1: 2086

Chapter 1: 2086

A masked figure in a uniform of fabric feather jumped, though with the distance it was more like flying, and landed in a crouch on the ledge opposite Melody and her master. It straightened up and Melody could see it was a tall girl, about four months pregnant.

The girl bowed. "Master, you sent for me," she said, keeping all emotion from her voice.

"I did," her master replied. "I have work for you," she said.

"It is our duty to obey, master," said the girl in reply.

"You will get rid of the secretary of state, the vice-president, the directors of the FBI and CIA," her master ordered. "Their work will interfere with our plans."

"It will be done as you command, master," the girl bowed and looked as if she was about to go.

"How are you?" Asked their master and Melody knew it was a test.

The girl stopped and paused. "I am fine, master," she replied correctly without a hint of emotion.

"And if you lost this child, would you feel sad?" Her master continued.

"Only that Thareltor has lost a servant, master," the girl answered, her voice as unwavering as ever and then jumped down from the ledge.

"Why is she pregnant, master?" Asked Melody when the girl had gone.

"I want to breed them so that they will produce a powerful next generation of assassins," her master said. "I see no reason to wait until they're older; after all they believe that they are doing what's right for the glory of the gods. This way there will be more of them."

***

Servius woke up, noticing that Andromeda was no longer beside him and yawned his way to the door. When he opened it he saw Ilia returning from her report to the Master, her helmet that could turn into a mask, resting under one arm.

"Who slept in?" She asked, grinning at him and raising an eyebrow.

He made his way out into the area that served as a living room and dining room for the Percussores. Hyllus was sitting at the table and Andromeda was cooking something.

Hyllus gestured to Ilia who came to sit on his knee with a smile. Both Servius and Andromeda felt Ilia's thrill as he fondled her.