chapter thirty-eight - Epilogue

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

"Oblivion cures the old wounds."

- Dejan Stojanovic

ΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞΞ

A/N

This chapter is written in third person.

Jude lived on without too much of a heartache since he barely even remembered his dearest friend. He had settled down with a girl -one of his nurses- and had a child. Sometimes, when he held the little red-haired girl, he got images of what he thought was his imagination. Little did he know it were memories of when he had held Scarlet in her early years.

Maybe that was why he called her his little Dream Doll. It also explained why he had settled down with someone that resembled her so much. From the fury red locks to the brilliant blue eyes that were adorned by thick, black lashes.

Payden finally got out of the tomb on the graveyard with the help of one of the visitors. But when he had heard his princess had died, he couldn't bear to live without her and took his own life. He hung himself on the place he had first met her after he had put his tuxedo on. He also tucked a note along with his scarlet handkerchief.

'I cannot live without her. I love her too much. Past, present and future tense. I take my life to be reunited with my true princess,' was what he had written on that piece of paper.

As for The Ace. Well, he had ordered the immediate death of the one who had killed Scarlet. He even went that far that he went to the place of his opponent and shot him in broad daylight. The Ace did this as revenge for Scarlet. He may have been a cruel mercenary, but he never had killed an innocent and that was kept him sane every time he pulled the trigger. That was the reason he killed Mad Hat; he had ordered the death of many innocents but this innocent was one too many.

Nate kept on working as head of police, catching bad guys and putting them behind bars, until his retirement. He spent his days after the police in front of the television, the news blaring twenty-four seven throughout his house, in hopes he would hear something of his deceased niece. As years progressed, he was diagnosed with Alzheimer and got hospitalized for it. Finally, he had died in his sleep, just like he had wanted to come to his end. In peace.

Alexander found another girl he could project his obsession on, but the female had gone to the police. As of now, Alex was spending his time in a secluded part of the hospital; the psychiatric institution. The girl was the same girl who Jude had a child with now.

For whoever who wondered what had happened to Scarlet's stepmother... She had finally come home, only to find an empty house. When she had asked the neighbors where her husband and Scarlet were and heard what had happened, she moved from America to Canada. She concentrated her even more on her work because she wanted to save lifes. Lifes she couldn't save.

And finally, Heather. No one actually knew what had happened to the biological mother of Scarlet. The only thing they knew, when she had left Scarlet and her father, was that she went to find her inner self. But no one knew that she died on her way to the park to meditate. Hit 'n run. And because she had no ID on her, she couldn't be identified.