Thief

Getting any sleep while the sun was out seemed like a pointless prosses. My mind, heart, and body were at war and there would be no victor in this battle. For a decade and a half, I had stolen from the royal family and their guards, always blending into shadows never being seen by any of them. So when they spoke of me they never had a face to go with the crime. I was invisible to them, a mystery and now this. I blew it, allowed myself to lose all sense of control and just sentenced myself to the gallows for that I've done. My brain racked with anger and frustration at my actions and yet a part of me wished I was back there. In the clearing, with that peaceful silence that captivated between the prince and me, that seemed to stop time. Even now I could feel the pressure of his chest against mine, see the gold flakes that decorated his brown eyes, and the untaped strength he possessed. Altogether it had me feeling something strange towards the prince and it sickened me.

He was the son of my enemy, not some ordinary boy of Illica or of the gremlins cove, this was wrong and I would rather take the gallows than to allow myself any other feeling towards the prince. Feeling satisfied with where my mind was at my body begged for rest, but glancing out the makeshift window I had I could see the sun setting in the distance which only meant I didn't have much time before I needed to be at the lookout point to find out where the market would be tonight.  

Grabbing ahold of the branches above me, I looked into the distance where the ocean and the falling full moon met. Forming a thick fog that moved through the forest as the moon descended, blanketing the ocean and everything in its path. Soon the gates to the Gremlin market would show its self to the outside world giving me the chance to go home and see Analie once again. Watching the surrounding trees disappear I thought through my checklist of items I needed to gather to survive until the next full moon.

-Dream Blocker                                                      

-Scarlet poison (paralyzing dust)

-Herbs

 -newly sharpened blades 

-Thread and cloth 

-Stardust (the healer not the poison)   

-Elf steal (if they have it) 

-A book    

-bottles 

-Devils sweet pies

      Thinking of those Devils sweet pies only caused my stomach to twist with hunger, anticipating the sweet smell of the ruby dough topped devils cream had my mouth watering.

      Focus, collect the other things first then you can grab as many pies as you want from Analie. The image of her horror as I stuffed my face with her pies caused a smile to creep onto my face.

      "You're a lady can't you at least eat just one?" she would exclaim as she moved the tray to behind her.

      "I'm a thief, there's no time to act like a lady should."