Chapter 2 - Secrets and first dates

*thanks for commenting guys! Just a small note, so people don't get confused:

I just picked a few things that happened on Arrow's season 1 and 2, so not everything there happened here in only 6 months. The main stuff: the accident (all its 5 years are canon here), the undertaking and the mirakuru invasion. I did it this way cause this is not a long fic, so I had to focus on the main thing, that is Kara and Oliver's development as characters and their dynamic on this fic.

Enjoy*

It was just Sara and Laurel at the Arrow Cave and they trained hard, as they did every day since when Oliver told Sara the only way he would be ok with Laurel being part of the team, was if Sara prepared her the best way possible. Sara used all techniques she learned from Ra's Al Ghul himself to prepare her sister, that was already good at fighting, but needed to be better.

- Next mission you are coming with us! – Sara said as she got knocked out by Laurel one more time – You are getting good at this, sis.

- Thank God! I can't stand Oliver telling me I can't only rely on my power. Now I can show him this is not what I do!

- I know sometimes Oliver is annoying, but is for our own good...

- I know. – She said as she got up after getting hit by Sara. – I just... I can't believe everything that happened, you know? From the day I found out Oliver was the Arrow, to the day I was hit by Star Labs explosion...

- It was all meant to be, sis... And now, the most important: your super hero name. We need to pick one.

Laurel smiled as she grabbed a towel and cleaned the sweat from her forehead.

- I've been thinking about that. I was thinking the Black Canary. One, because you are the Canary and I'm your sister, and second because of the reason I have this power. It was dark days for me, and something good came out of it, something I could use to protect people...

- The canary cry... - Sara smiled as she thought about the idea of her sister being Black Canary really good. – That makes us the canary sisters, I like it

Laurel smiled satisfied with Sara's response. Laurel couldn't care less if Oliver was happy about her decision or nor, but it meant the world her sister supported her ideas and wishes to join them in crime fighting, that was all that mattered to her and she couldn't feel happier. Sara turned the TV on and stared shocked at the news.

- Look at this! It's Supergirl.

- Whoa! – Laurel said as she watched Supergirl saving the plane. – She is so cool!

- I know, right?

Near the road to National City, Kara held the plane with her bare hands, using all the strength she had. She had to be careful not to hurt people inside it, specially her mom that was also on that plane, that's what made Kara so desperate when she saw the news, more than the usual. She was aware the whole world was watching now, there was a line of cars that stopped because the plane was going to hit them and people got desperate, trying to run for their lives. Now they were all out of their cars, watching as she tried to put the plane on the ground without harming anyone inside it. She carefully managed to do it, and everyone around her clapped and cheered for her. Kara turned around after people inside the plane started to come out, shaken and scared and she waved slightly to the crowd watching her, with a tiny smile on her lips and she ran towards the doors, smiling widely when she saw Eliza coming out and hugging her.

- Thanks for your impeccable timing.

- I'm so glad you are ok! – Kara smiled, letting her mom go.