2

We walked down a dark corridor, towards the only source of light we could find. As we go closer, we could see that it was coming from an office. I could also hear noises, which was a welcome change from the awkward silences between us. It sounded like someone was drumming their fingernails across a table. I slowly opened the metal door, flakes of old paint flying off it, and the noises stopped. I peered in, and there, sitting at a computer monitor, was a woman. She seemed in her mid-thirties, with blonde hair, and sharp, brown eyes. As we entered the room, she stood up, and shook out hands, although she seemed wary of us.
"My name is Skye Lawton. I'm the person who woke you all up." She said, as she walked towards a door. "Please follow me and I'll answer any questions you have." As we had no other options, we followed her into the back of a car. There was frosted glass between us and the driver so we couldn't see who was driving the car. She tapped on the glass and after a few seconds, the car jeered into life, and drove away.
"What the fuck is going on?" Callum yelled, completely losing his patience
"Please don't use that language. I'll explain now." Skye said abruptly. She sighed. "You all don't remember anything because about ten years ago, you were all experimented on. Humanity was threatened by an aggressive alien race, and we needed weapons to fight back. After a few of these aliens were captured, we extracted their DNA, and tried to fuse it with humans. With you. It worked, but the government shut down the experiment, saying it was too dangerous, and  so we put you into a hypersleep, wich also erase your memories. Now, the aliens are slowly taking over, and we need you three to fight back."
"So it worked then?" I said, bewildered. "I have alien powers?"
"Not powers, but you all technically shape-shift into a stronger form. You must not stay in these forms for longer than three hours though, because if you do, well. You saw the tapes. That's what happened to the fourth test subject. We had to terminate her before she escaped.
"Oh." Said Shawn, obviously shaken by the story. He looked out of the window. "So where are these aliens anyway?"
"They usually come out at night, though they do sometimes hunt in the day. We should be safe in this car though."

Suddenly, just as she said that, the car went spinning through the air, and landed in a ditch at the side of the road. I was still in my seat belt, but upside down. It was then that I looked over at Skye. The car had been sliced in two, shattering the glass between us and the driver. Skye sat in her seat with her head slumped down, and huge shards of glass deep in her neck. There was blood everywhere, and the front of the car was nowhere to be seen. Shawn screamed, and ran out of the car. Me and Callum followed, only to be face to face with our first glimpse of an alien. It had no eyes, but large whiskers, much like a cat's. It had an intricate pattern of black and blue scales going down the middle of it's head, and it had blue spines along its back, and around it's tail. It had no front legs, but instead had huge blue scythes, with razor sharp edges. It stood there, in front of us, making a deep, growling noise.

A/N:

Cliffhanger!!
Find out what happens next time...

I'd like to say a huge thank you to monsterboo123 for helping me design the alien. Look at the attached image at the top if you want to see an initial design of it.

I will try and write every week, but that may not be possible on some occasions.

Stay tuned!!