Reflections

"This is it," it came more as a question than an answer.

"Yeah," Doctor Maloney confirmed, his eyes enthusiastic.

I touched the metal frame of the mirror and dragged my hands over the cold surface, carefully avoiding the buttons, the tiny levers and switches embedded in it.

"And it can..."

"Show you past, present and future," doc completed my sentence.

"You mean like a time machine? Can it take me there?"

"It can...that's the beauty," he said, bringing out the remote.

I stood stunned as he pressed a series of buttons and weird looking panels opened up from the large mirror on the wall. An eerie blue light filled the room and for some unknown reason, I shivered.

"Go near the mirror," he said, excitement pouring from his voice.

I moved towards the mirror and saw this room being reflected in the mirror, only it was different. It was a bare room devoid of all the complicated gadgets, the tangle of wires and mess of instruments.

"This room as it used to be, five years ago," Doctor Maloney whispered to me.

But my eyes were glued to something else. Facing me in the mirror was me, five years younger. My hair was shorter and I looked chubbier. This couldn't just be happening. This was beyond all my rational thoughts...

To be continued

A/N Hope you like it. Your votes, and suggestions are welcome and I would like your feedback.