Reflections

On her way to Twain, Keyra was caught in solar turbulences. Her vessel was of poor manufacturing and without surprise, electronic devices went out of order. She looked at her map and found out that she was in the system of Sheeba, a system with two planets. Her map was old and she couldn't read further instructions about Sheeba system.  Using manual commands, she directed her vessel toward the closest planet.

After several hours, she satellitized her vessel around the little planet. It wasn't looking good. Her computer was still not working but her altimeter was ok. The telluric planet was covered by heavy clouds so she decided to try a landing at the equator, hoping not to fall into an ocean or some unwelcoming lands. Her radio was out as well and she couldn't contact anyone.

She started her descent. Gravity was attracting her small vessel and she felt heavier and heavier after six months under micro gravity. Fortunately, she knew exactly how to deal with her rocket. She listened to her instincts. When she was in the clouds, turbulences were quite high. Altimeter was showing decreasing figures. When she was one kilometer away from the ground, Keyra started the reverse mode to slow down the pace.  The woman had to do everything manually so she was very focused. At altitude of 500 meters, clouds dissipated, Keyra' eyes were wide open. Everything she saw was shining,  despite the heavy clouds.

What the ...?

She rapidly came back from her reflections to focus on the landing. Impact was harsh but she felt the vessel was ok. She grab a suit with a mask, put it on her and went to the decompression module. She managed to open it.

When the door opened, she was breathless. Everything was shining outside. There was not a single tree, no grass, no birds, no bees, nothing but shining material everywhere.

A bad feeling was starting to spread in her body. But Keyra couldn't find out why she was feeling that.

She went outside her vessel and found out that everywhere, there was diamonds.
Holy Sh*** she thought. I should have listened more carefully to cosmos geography courses !

She now knew exactly where she was. It was such a pity that the coffee spills on her map were precisely on the name of this planet: Diamond I. There are only 10 forbidden planets on this galaxy and I manage to land on one of them.

Without surprise, she saw an armed drone arriving. She was taken by the robot and brought to a very small city where she saw no human. A droid told her :
"Under Galaxy's act number 6464, you're under arrest. You'll be deported to a federal jail when the next maintenance vessel will come in six months from now."

Keyra was placed in custody in a diamond cell where she could see her reflections everywhere.

I guess I'll have some time for reflections.