//Chapter 29//

Can i just take this time to talk about my problems. I had to google 'Sad Thomas Sangster Gif's' to find this pic, i will never do something so stupid. I found myself looking at Gif's of him in all the death scenes in the movies (#trying not to spoil) it was hard not to cry.

Anyway, photo is of Newt looking at Malaya

-----

Newts POV

I hadn't even so much as entered the deadheads when I saw Alby appear, Thomas trailing behind him, limping and holding his stomach. He looked almost green. His next action explained why.

I watched horrified as Thomas bent over and started emptying the contents of his stomach. Frypans food wasn't that bad was it? The boy shook violently and kept heaving behind one of the dying trees which looked just as sick as he did.

Alby on the other hand looked emotionless, if any emotion showed its head it would be anger. Thomas finally stopped throwing up before Alby turned and ordered him to do something which is where the sickly boy picked himself up and started jogging towards the homestead, good idea man.

I headed straight to Alby and followed beside him as he trailed towards the homestead too, probably to pack away the Bow and arrow in the store room. Why did he have it? It felt like my stomach was holding a rock, I had one theory why he had that bow, I just didn't want it to be true.

Ably didn't look at me as he continued to storm towards the homestead, his face holding no emotion. But he did speak, only what I heard was something I wish I didn't hear him speak.

"Ben's dead. I think"

I choked on my own breath, even though deep down I could feel that's what he was going to say, I just wish he hadn't said it. Ben was one of the first people here, Ably killed him? just like that? what had happened out there? the poor boy was suffering with a griever sting only hours ago, now look.

I looked at Alby shocked before I pushed the question, knowing I should regret it.

"What the shuck happened?"

"Ben attacked the greenbean, he was completely wacko... I did what I had to do."

I didn't know how to react, only nod... I guess he was right, we can't have him around. Even if Alby didn't kill him, he would have been banished to the maze anyway. Either way, Ben would not have survived the rule he broke and the crime he committed against the glade.

The three rules is what keeps order in the glade, If you break them bad enough you get banished. You get pushed out into the damn maze as those freaky doors close, you get left for the grievers.

If we let people get away with things like what ben did it could set a bad example. I just didn't want to think about it, it still stung. But I've reached a point where seeing people die and get banished was second nature, as sad as that was.

I saw some baggers run towards the woods, I could almost feel their pain now before they had even seen him. I just know they aren't going to take his death well. He was well known in the Glade because he was a runner, and one of Gally's minions. This will not go well.

I wondered how the newbie will be feeling, he looked pretty damn sick. I had an urge to go see him, but I had more important people on my hands right now. Malaya seems to be the only thing that has stopped me from over thinking Ben's death.

Like Malaya spends a lot of time near the deadheads, that could have been her that he attacked, I guess having someone I didn't want to get hurt made me understand that I didn't want people that were dangerous around the glade. She had made me more protective than I already was, great.