Chapter 14-Not Mine

Lee Hyeri's POV

Although it was kind of weird of him or you can say I was a little angry about wasting our time on cooking and eating but inside I was actually grateful that he told me to go because I really needed to escape from the scene that had created.

C'mon I needed to breathe!

I mean seriously, what was actually going in his mind when he was playing that sort of prank with me. Alright, He's such person who does play jokes and pranks with people but we have never been this much close. Yes we are friends but not so 'close one '.

A part of me liked it though.

I won't deny because obviously I can't lie to myself. When he held me in his muscular arms, It felt that even if I get weaken in this indelible moment,

He won't let me fall.

His gaze melted me inside.

His chocolate eyes had a whole world caged.

When our faces were inches apart, when I felt his warm breath on my skin, it filled chills throughout my body.

But another part of me was afraid. Afraid of losing that precious moment. It was sad too. Sad because it was fleeting. It was just a moment we were having that wasn't going to last.

It was hopeless.

It was . . . Miserable.

Well I didn't came here to ponder over all this. I wanted to take my mind out of that jiff so now, I need to concentrate on cooking.

So if things are on their previous place, that I guess they are, so in upper right cabinet I'll must find packs of Pasta.
He doesn't like changes that I had observed already so things were found so easily.

I prepared vegetables and chicken and put a pan with oil on flame to heat it for frying. Unknowingly, Oil got over-heated and with my recently washed hands, few water droplets fell in the oil. In reaction, Oil made bubbles and they popped and I screamed. The next thing I felt that were burns on some portions of my skin of my right hand.

Min Yoon-gi 's POV

Don't know why everything became so awkward though we did try to get back on normal. Well I still can't give any excuse to myself for whatever I did some minutes ago. Although I was feeling the roar of my stomach but I needed to send her away for a while to clear the air. It's bothering me inside as if I have done something really wrong.
On other hand, Min-ah still hasn't replied or contacted me and now this is irritating me real hard.
Suddenly I heard a scream. Oh it's Hyeri's. What happened to her!!!

*[And Yoon-gi ran away to see what happened to Hyeri . Little did he know that the moment he took his step out of the room, His phone's screen lit up with a buzz? It was Min-ah's text. ]*

Lee Hyeri's POV

Before I could think of something to fix it, Yoon-gi came almost running. With my expressions he noticed the burns and took my hand in his. I squirmed as I felt goosebumps all over my body.
With my hand still in his one hand, he first shut the flame and then opened a cabinet with another and took out a first-aid box from it. He made me sit on one of the chairs of the breakfast table in his kitchen. He examined the burns and started to apply ointment with soft tips of his fingers.

"Hyeri-ah! You can't even handle these easy kitchen chores. You can't even cook safely. "
He was now talking like my dad, with his eyes still focused on my hand.

"Don't blame on me."
I frowned and made a pouty face. Why do he need to say all this?

"Okay I won't."
He said now looking right into my eyes with a slight smile on his face. Then again he shifted his focus back to my hand. After finishing, He put all the stuff back into the right places and stood straight in front me.

"Now you have burnt your hand so it means I'll take the charge."

"No, I can! It's not a big deal. "
Only I know how it was burning inside.

"Oh no please! You'll mess up the things again. "
Now I was actually not liking this. But did he said this out of care?
May be. I wish!

"But I . . . "
" Put your specs on!"
He then spoke authoritatively, leaving me at loss of words. I got back to bedroom and came back with a pair of specs on my face.

Then he took the charge in kitchen and I could see how skilled he was through the turning and tossing of food. In just an awe of 15 minutes, a delicious looking pasta was served on the table. He quickly cleaned the kitchen and put clean ivory glass dishes on the both sides of table. I was actually impressed. Even I'm not clean as him. Well, living alone upskills you a lot.

"Bone Appetite!"

We finished our food while talking about university stuff and friends. I wonder if he called Hobi to come. He might had and Hobi had replied him the same.
Then finally he made his mood to work and we went back to bedroom. He sat on the couch as he formerly decided. He's so hardworking I knew but working with him made me realize this more.

~

Clock struck 11. I knew it was so late but I had informed my mother earlier. It was due to work so she let me stayed out late. Our Assignment was almost complete anyway. After finishing I let out a sigh in relief and shift my eyes towards him.
And there he was, sleeping peacefully without caring about anything, with his head resting on the arm of the couch.
At that very moment, I sneaked a meticulous gaze on his face so I took all the stuff close to him, put it on the table and shift myself right next to him.

Initiating from the mess of his blond hair, I ruffled them softly with a slight touch of my fingers, trying not to wake him up. My brain made me remember how breathtakingly handsome he looked on festive dinner last summer when he combed his hair back, possessing black tuxedo. I couldn't help but smile while having an image of him in my mind.

From his pale forehead, my eyes fell on his tranquilly closed eyes. His eyelashes lengthen as perfectly as they were casting a shadow across his face.

I felt myself leaning closer to his face.

From his straight nose to his smoothly rounded lips, everything seemed so delicate, when I eyed being this close. Deep in my heart, I urged to touch his eyelashes, to caress his soft pale cheeks and to feel his light pink lips.

But I can't!

I can't . . . Because he's not mine.

I felt something blurred my view and I realized that my eyes were wet.

I can't . . . Because he's never going to be mine.

Tears started to drip on his face. I was in my own dilemma so I didn't notice. My face was still close to him.

I can't . . . Because he's never going to know about how I feel for him.

I didn't realize how my tears disturbed him that he suddenly opened his eyes. This made my eyes widen and a little redness in them started to appear vividly.

" Hyeri-ah ! What happened? Why are you crying? "

As if he clearly ignored the distance between us as I was sitting right beside him and my knees almost touching his. The next thing I felt was his fingers collecting tears from my awestricken face leaving me completely mute.

A constant bombardment of questions was still continued.

"Answer me Hyeri-ah! What happened? Why are you crying? "

Before I could prepare myself to utter something, I heard the sound of heels tipped inside the room.

"Yoon-gi Surp─"
The Sentence broke by the person who just barged into the room and I could feel why that person's lips parted. For now it wasn't to say something, they parted in a shock, as if a sudden current passed through one's body. Then it felt like, expressions got colored in disgust or may be in anger.
I was still feeling mute but Yoon-gi wasn't.

"Min-ah!"

}%d]