Chapter 5: Friends Are Family

It was the morning and the Devil went up to the second floor, then to King Dice's door. Instead of the Devil knocking on the door he broke it down instead. Quickly King Dice and Cherry shot out of bed, he was standing while Cherry remained sat up in the bed.

"Wide awake I see" Said the Devil with a grin as he walked through the now busted doorway.

"Why the hell did you break my door?" Replied King Dice while he rubbed the back of his neck in confusion.

"You have work to do Dice... The Gambling Ball is tomorrow night... and all the preparations need to be done... got it" Continued the Devil without even answering King Dice's questions.

Before King Dice could answer the Devil walked out of King Dice's room.

"Oh I'll get one of the skeletons to fix that for you" Shouted the Devil from down the corridor.

King Dice put a hand on his head and started to sweat, he breathing becoming heavy. Quickly he rushed into his study and grabbed a planner and notebook. Cherry sat up in the bed confused, slowly she got out and went into King Dice's office. She saw him frantically searching through papers and flicking through different books.

"Dice is everything alright?" Cherry Said in a quite but concerning voice.

King Dice placed both his hands on his head, his mind was racing.

"Why did he tell me a day before hand?" Growled King Dice as he slammed both of his hands on the desk.

Cherry jolted back slightly, she had never seen King Dice so angry before. Slowly she started to walk out of his office to give him some space.

"Cherry wait" Shouted King Dice as he put a hand out towards Cherry, then he put one hand on his head and the other on his desk.

Cherry stopped then turned around to face King Dice.

"I'm sorry... this Ball is a really big event... and normally I have a few days to prepare for it... it's a hard thing to plan... and I get like this every time... I'm sorry if I scared you Cherry" Continued King Dice as he started rubbing the sweat off of his face, he never looked over at Cherry once.

Slowly Cherry walked over to King Dice and wrapped her arms around him. King Dice looked down at Cherry, then a little smile formed, and he started to feel a bit better. Gently he wrapped his arms around Cherry and slightly swayed from side to side.

"I'll help you Dice... as much as I can" Said Cherry as she gazed up into King Dice green eyes.

"Thank you Cherry... it means a lot to me" Replied King Dice as a few tears formed in his eyes, and he hugged Cherry a bit tighter.

King Dice let go of Cherry and grabbed a couple of notebooks. They both walked out of his office and King Dice placed the notebooks on his dresser, then walked over to his wardrobe. Cherry walked over to the armchair where her bag and clothes were from the day she lost her soul. She picked up her clothes and turned around, she saw that King Dice was already done and ready.

"Wow... you get ready really quickly" Said Cherry as she started to walk into the bathroom.

"What can I say... you get used to doing things quickly after so long" Replied King Dice as he closed the wardrobe door.

Cherry walked into the bathroom and got ready. She tied her hair up in a high bun, then walked out of the bathroom. Cherry glanced to the side to see King Dice in a tight T-shirt and a pair of shorts. He was gathering the last few notebooks and walked towards Cherry.

"You ready to get to work?" Said King Dice as he gently slid one of his hands down the side of her face.

Cherry nodded, then King Dice started to walk out of his still busted door. Cherry followed close behind him. They both walked over to a large pair of doors then King Dice unlocked the doors. Cherry's eyes went wide with shock as she saw the ballroom above the Casino. Slowly she walked in and her footsteps echoed through the room.