Chp. 20

Clarke breathed in slowly, her head aching tremendously.

It's dark. Where am I?

She tried her hardest to look around, each limb feeling even heavier than her head that was currently not upright. Her lungs felt empty, and not in a good way. It was as if she had the wind knocked completely from them.

The last thing she had remembered was walking to Lexa's house before losing consciousness. Had she fallen? Had she passed out?

Clarke's head was splitting now, a migraine not even the correct word to use to describe it. She desperately tried to move her arms which were quite obviously painfully immobilized to her sides.

What's wrong with you? Wake up Clarke!

As her vision began to come into focus and the throbbing in the back of her head continued to get worse, Clarke noticed she was sitting in a very uncomfortable silver metal chair, her legs tied to the legs of the chair and her arms and chest tied to the back of the chair with heavy duty rope. 

This was definitely not Lexa's house, and if it was, Clarke was seriously considering dumping the brunette.

"Wake up." Clarke's head involuntarily shot up as somebody grabbed her by the ponytail, the throbbing only sending shooting pains through her scalp.

Jesus... Did I get hit with something?

The bright lights shining down from the ceiling caused Clarke to squint in pain. She could smell the bitter scent of iron. Blood.

Eventually, her eyes adjusted so that she noticed a Caucasian woman with white face paint standing above her, glaring down into her blue eyes with such venom that Clarke would've cowered had she actually been lucid.

"Welcome to the land of the living," the woman muttered.

Clarke looked at her, shifting uncomfortably, not even realizing she had a gag in her mouth.
Who was this woman? Why did she have Clarke tied up?

While these were all questions Clarke wanted to desperately know the answers to, she decided it best to keep her voice silenced in case whoever had kidnapped her had a weapon.

Inside, she was secretly terrified. Where was Lexa? Would her parents even know she was missing? She wanted desperately to begin to cry, her anxiety beginning to bubble over. Yet she kept her tears from falling. She would not show her kidnappers any form of weakness. She didn't wish for them to have their sadistic hopes fulfilled. 

"Echo, is she awake? The boss wants to see her," A male's voice said.

Clarke slightly turned her attention to see a long haired and bulky man stalk into the room, his lips pulled into a thin line. He didn't look necessarily thrilled with the practices that were going on but acted as though Clarke weren't tied up and suffering in front of him.

"See for yourself Roan," the girl named Echo said to him.

He walked towards Clarke, his expression becoming more and more weary. "Well... I'll be damned. Echo, leave us."

"But sir-,"

"Now." Roan held up his fist, almost in a warning.

A few minutes after the woman was finally out of sight, Roan reached over and gently tugged Clarke's gag from her mouth. "I'm sorry for the way you've been manhandled by Echo and my men. Would you like a glass of water?"

Clarke stared at him incredulously, unsure of how to respond. Eventually, she found the courage she didn't believe she had. "No. What I'd like are some answers."