Chapter One

June 13th. I was sitting in a pile of blankets, with an open book on my knee and my phone in my hand, soft light from a lamp spilling out across the bedspread. I stifled a giggle as I scrolled through various shitposts on tumblr, it was late, and I probably should have been doing literally anything else- like reading the book that was in front of me- but instead I was drawn to this godforsaken app. My phone made a noise as a notification came through, startling me a little. I swiped down to read it, it was a message from a girl. My face broke into a small smile and I moved a strand of hair out of my face. I opened the chat and replied, the girl seemed sweet. Her blog was adorable too, from a quick scan I could see that she liked dogs, Lauren Jauregui and girls. I could tell we would get along just fine.

After a few days the girl and I really hit it off, her name was Emily, she spoke French and she lives a stone's throw away. As cheesy as it was, she was constantly making me smile, much to my friends enjoyment. They were a nosey bunch and got a kick out of making fun of me for getting smitten over a girl I barely know. But can you blame me? She was gorgeous and we had so much in common. I was a nervous though, I was getting real feelings for her and we hadn't even met yet. Typical of me to fall so hard for a pretty face and a little attention.

It was a Friday, and Emily and I had been talking for a few hours, when she out of the blue said "I really like you" I froze. My heart was beating out of my chest. Does she really mean it? I shakily replied. I felt the same way. My face split into a huge grin, I couldn't quite believe what was happening. I fell back onto my pillow, I was lost for words- and that didn't happen often. Now that I knew she liked me back, I had to meet her. It was just a question of how.

My heart was racing. Today was the day I would meet Emily. I was sitting at Emily's work with my brother, my fries sitting cold and neglected on the tray. My stomach was too full of butterflies to eat another morsel. I picked up my phone and checked my reflection in the screen, running my fingers through my hair as I did. It was 11.48am. Emily's shift started at 12 o' clock, she'd be here soon. My brother glanced at me, my foot was tapping against the floor annoyingly, a crease formed in his forehead and he rolled his eyes me, I didn't see.

My phone vibrated against the table and I picked it so fast the text tone hadn't even finished, "I'll be there soon, the traffic is kinda bad," My heart beat faster. We had been talking for about three months, not a day went by where we didn't talk. And after many failed attempts to meet up without our parents knowledge (they weren't exactly okay with their daughters meeting up with strangers from the internet) It was finally happening. At the most romantic location too; A McDonald's next to the highway. I glanced out the window, watching all the cars and trucks pull in for a quick lunch stop.

I shoved a cold french fry into my mouth, and downed half of my water. It didn't help with the nerves. I looked up again and that's when I saw Emily. My heart stopped. We made eye contact through the glass and smiled widely at each other. I stood up shakily and walked over to the door that Emily was opening.

"Hey!" We said simultaneously. I stood on my toes- I wasn't very tall- and put my arms around Emily's neck for a hug.

We pulled away and I grinned "Nice uniform." Emily looked down at her black pants held up with a stylish belt and a tucked in collared red shirt.

"Oh, Thanks." She said smiling and adjusting her cap.

"How's your day been?"

"Good! I went shopping with my brother." I gestured to him, he waved and smiled at us.

"How about you?"

"Oh it's been alright, pretty boring though."

I smiled sympathetically, she had a really nice voice, our phone calls didn't do it justice.

We talked for a little longer then Emily glanced down at her phone, It was 11.59am.

"I should probably get to work! My shift starts soon."

I pouted "Aww okay. Have fun, love."

We wrapped our arms around each other again, this time for longer. "I'll try."

My eyes followed the blonde as she walked away, and I felt blood rush to my cheeks, Emily had a cute butt. I sat down and finished my cold fries, a smile formed on my face. This girl was just too perfect.

fin.