Darlin'

Dwight

I didn't know what I was doing. It was hard for me to comprehend the reasons why Ophelia continued to stay with Negan. All I wanted was to hold her, love her, kiss her, and give her the freedom she'd been longing for. I was willing to wait for her, but it was killing me.
"Dwighty boy, what are you up to?" I turned around, I'd been staring at the men we had outside fighting those things off, Ophelia was standing at the entrance of the building.
"Uh, not much. I should be heading out soon to see Hilltop with Simon. Want to come? I'm staying there for three days." I loved spending time with her. She kept me company and occasionally we'd spend some time driving around and talking if we had extra time.
"Sure, let me just go let Negan know." I nodded, as she ran off to speak to him.
This was going to be an eventful trip.

Ophelia

I jogged down the halls of the building, searching for Negan. I was going on a quick trip to Hilltop with Dwight. I had nothing to do and I liked to be with him.
Finally, I had seen Negan speaking with a couple of his men. I stood behind the group, waiting to speak to him.
"Princess? What do you need?" The group of men slowly spread away from Negan, going off to do their own thing.
"I was just coming to tell you that I'm going on a trip with Dwight to Hilltop," I grabbed his big hand, and caressed it.
"Mhm, I'd prefer if you'd stay here sweetheart." He grunted, I knew he'd be a pain in the ass to convince.
"Negan," I whined. "Please I just want to spend some time with Dwight. I never go anywhere unless it's with you." I watched as he took a moment to decide whether or not I should go. It's not like I was gonna do something stupid.
"Fine, you'll be safe. Don't let that fucker Gregory say shit to you or Dwight." He warned, I smiled up at him. I stood on my tippy toes, giving him a quick kiss on the lips. I knew Dwight had to leave soon.
"I'll be safe, be back soon." I ran off, almost forgetting something important.
"I love you baby."
"I love you too sweetheart." He yelled, before checking up on some of the saviors.
I ran back to the front of the building to see Dwight. He was sitting on the back of one of the trucks, lighting a cigarette. I hated that he smoked, he did it all the time. I understood that it was hard for him to stop but he was ruining himself.
I broke out of my thoughts by hearing Dwight's voice, "Ready darlin'?"
"Yeah," I walked up to truck and sat down next to him. Everyone was loading the rest of their things onto their trucks. We sat, watching everyone.
"You know you should really stop smoking that shit." I grunted, crossing my arms. I didn't look at him.
"Mhm, yeah I probably should." He mumbled, placing the cigarette between his lips.
"So why don't you?"
"Because I like it, you probably would too." I felt his gaze on me, I was staring at the ground.
"I don't know, it's not really my thing." I rested my head on his shoulder and put my hand on his leg.
I watched the smoke, slowly fading into the air.
"You never know, it could be darlin'."
I took the cigarette from his lips and took one hit.
Just like I imagined, it was terrible.
"Like I said, it's not my thing." I placed the cigarette back between his lips, seeing him chuckle a little. I kissed his cheek before hopping off the truck and walking towards the passenger side of the truck.
I saw Simon leaning his back on the door of the passenger side, talking to one of the saviors. I wasn't very happy with him at the moment. Who am I kidding? I was never happy with Simon's presence. He was always so rude to me, I had no idea why so I was always rude back.
"Hey, dick can you move your ass so I can get in the truck?" I walked up to him, resting my hand on the gun in my holder.
"Why don't you fuck off Ophelia? I don't feel like dealing with your shit today." Simon yelled, shooing away the savior in front of him.
"I'd rather you just move so I can get in." I muttered, standing straight in front of him.
"You really want to sit in the middle of me and Dwight for two hours."
"Oh I was hoping you'd get the hint that I didn't want you here. I guess I doubted how stupid you truly are." I said, patting his shoulder.
"That's not gonna happen, baby. You get to sit with me for two, long hours." He chucked before pushing me away to open the door and letting me in. I whined and got in the middle seat of the truck. I saw Dwight in the mirror, he was closing the back and walking towards the door. Then I looked back at Simon, he sat right next to me and smirked.
"Fuck you." I grunted, crossing my arms. I was hoping to sleep the whole ride, so I wouldn't have to deal with Simon. I turned over to see Dwight already in the car, he put the key in the ignition.
"You guys have everything you need?" He always made sure everything was done.
"Yeah," Simon said and motioned out the window for everyone to start moving after us.

30 minutes into the car ride and I was already annoyed. Simon couldn't stop complaining about how annoying I was and Dwight couldn't stop complaining about how the other trucks were up his ass. I felt myself growing tired though. I tried to stay awake but it was quite hard.
Dwight had noticed, "Ophi?"
I hummed in response, trying to keep my eyes open.
"If you need to sleep, you can darlin'."
"Yeah just try not to get your head on me." I rolled my eyes at Simon, and intentionally rested my head on his arm.
I knew he didn't actually mind, he was just a bitch. I slowly drifted off to sleep, and I felt myself move more into Simon's chest.

Dwight

We were an hour into the car ride, it was mostly just Simon and I speaking. Ophelia was asleep in Simon's arms. She was so peaceful.
"Dude, you need to stop this shit. I don't know if anyone else can tell but you're always in awe over her." Simon chuckled, fuck he knew.
"What are you talking about?" I said, staring back at the road.
"I get it, she's beautiful and shit. But you don't want to get the iron again. She's Negan's man, I hated seeing you go through it the first time. I don't wanna see it again." He hung his left arm over her shoulder, pushing her into his chest even more. I wish I could do that.
"Is it really that obvious?"
"Well fuck, I mean yeah come on dude. Who wouldn't like her?"
"I don't know what to do." I sighed.
"Don't do anything, let your feeling for her situate. I'd hate to see something happen to you by Negan, man."

He was right. I needed to let her go.