Chapter 15

Melanie's POV

"And that is all the notes for today, you are dismissed." One of my professors say, ending the class.

I sigh, picking up my bag and my books and head out of the classroom and down the hallway.

When I turn the corner, I see Thomas and his mom and from what I can hear, they're arguing. I move to hide behind behind one of the pillars in the hallway connected to the wall. I can hear their conversation clearly.

"Mom, I've ruined her relationship! This is fucking stupid!" Thomas whisper yells.

"Me and her dad are doing this for both of you two's own good. She'll get over him." I'm really starting to not like Dr. Fields.

"Well I'm done doing it for you two. Pick someone else. I can't stand to see her this way."

"No, Thomas. If you don't follow through with it I'll take your scholarship here away from you. The only reason you even got into this school is because of me."

"You're my mom! You can't do that!"

"Actually I can. Now, I gotta go. Go out with Melanie or something." She says and I lean my head back against the wall as she walks by, and sigh.

Thomas heads the other way, looking pissed off and I start to head towards the exit and to my car.

All I can think about is why did Thomas defend me like that? Doesn't he want to be with me? And why am I thinking this? I should be thinking about Wesley for the time being.

I decide to head over to Wesley's apartment, even though it's a horrible idea but I do it anyway.

When I get there, I knock a few times but no answer. I sigh, and grab my key to his apartment and walk inside. I look around everywhere but he's not here. When I walk into the kitchen, I notice a note on his kitchen counter and I pick it up.

'To Drew,

Meet me at the club on 4th street and tell the bouncer you know me. And then head straight back to one of the suites in the back. -Wesley.'

I set the note back down and decide if I should head to that club he's talking about. I know of the club, and it's fucking crazy inside. I've been to it twice with Candice when we thought that fake I.D's were cool.

I lock his apartment back up and head to my car. I have no idea what to expect from this but it's worth the shot to see if Wesley will talk to me.

When I get there, I slowly walk up and try to get inside, but the bouncer holds me back.

"If you're not on the list, go to the back of the line." He says and I look up at him, intimidated.

"Um.. I'm here with Wesley. He's waiting for me in the back." I say and he looks like he's thinking for a second, before he lets me through and inside.

I sigh once I get past him, and then there's the crowd in here. It's fucking ballistic. I make a b-line to the back, and I get felt up several times by the boys here, and whistled out as well and I feel so uncomfortable.

I let the bouncer guarding the suite know who I'm with and he lets me in. I walk down a long hallway and hesitantly head inside.

When I walk in, no one seems to care that someone has entered the room and it smell like pot and alcohol. Nothing but. And the smoke has clouded the room, the music a little loud but not as loud as it is in the club.

I walk around and I eventually see Drew and Wesley, on the couch and they're both smoking pot and Wesley seems high as fuck. I raise a hand to my mouth, and right as I do Wesley looks straight at me.