Chapter 2 - Think What You Want

Alright guys! The long awaited chapter 2 is finally here! Lol sorry it took so long, writers block is a bitch. Hope you guys like it!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 2

Think What You Want

He woke up when he heard a voice yelling.

        Well, more like screaming actually.

        "UP!" The voice screamed.

        He didn't move a muscle. Just laid there silently for a few moments until the voice growled.

        "I said UP!" It screamed and Matt recognized it as the Overseer's voice.

        As she screamed, Matt felt like his body had caught fire. His eyes shot open and he groaned loudly in pain. He scrambled out of his sleeping bag and looked up to see the Overseer standing behind the wall with her hand out, smirking.

        "That is one." She said to the Guard behind her. "Now for the rest of them." She flexed her hand and Brian groaned from his sleeping bag. Matt turned his head as Brian stumbled out of his sleeping bag and began gasping for breath.

        "I believe that the Lady said UP!"' The Guard behind the Overseer, Eric, said.

        The Overseer growled again, "This is your last chance!" She screamed. "NOW GET UP!"

        Brian cried out as she flexed her hand again and Matt looked around as he heard more groaning. The other souls began to scramble out of their sleeping bags and some began to scream, begging for the Overseer to stop.

        The Overseer just withdrew her hand and yelled, "Everyone on your feet! I will not say it again!"

        She held her hand back out and most of the souls fell to their knees before they could stand.

        Eric smirked and whispered in her ear before turning and walking back inside the Main Building.

        The Overseer clenched her jaw and withdrew her hand. She looked around and saw Matt staring at her.

        "Is there a problem Sanders?" She asked, raising her eyebrows.

        He opened his mouth to answer but Brian cut him off, "No My Lady," he said, struggling to his feet, "there's no problem at all."

        She nodded and walked swiftly back into her Chamber.

        Matt turned and glared at Brian. He started to ask why the hell Brian stopped him, but he didn't give Matt a chance to speak.

        "You can't just mouth off to the Overseer." Brian said. "She'll fry you where you sit and then you'll still have the Keeper to deal with for causing trouble."

        Matt watched as Brian sat back down on his sleeping bag, "What the hell is her problem?" He asked, glaring at the open door.

        Brian shook his head, "Eric probably threatened her." He said, looking at the Main Building. "Whenever she has trouble getting the souls to wake up, Eric tells the Keeper and he gets pretty pissed off."

        The doors to the Main Building opened and Eric walked out with the Guard that had met Matt at the Door.

        "That's Allen." Brian muttered, staring at the Guards as they walked past, smirking. "Damn it. Eric called the Keeper."