CHAPTER THREE: After Effects...

Jonah had never wanted to kill somebody so badly in all his life. He put his hands on her and left bruising on her perfect skin. He will pay for this because there's no way that anyone, even a human, would harm her and get away with it. If it wasn't for that stupid witch he would be dead, laying in a pool of his own blood, and clawed at so fisciously they wouldn't even be able to recognize the corpse. Just the thought made Aspen purr with delight as he envisioned himself killing the person who wronged Jezebel.

They were walking and he watched as she subtly touched the bruises. She was shaking, but made no effort to talk about what had happened. As the lunchroom came into view he could see her becoming more anxious. He watched as she tugged on the hood she was wearing in an attempt to cover the red skin. Before they reached the doors Jonah pulled her aside and took her hand in his before walking in. The principal made eye contact with him and slightly bowed. Nothing that any of the humans would notice, but something to show respect to his future Alpha.

'There is a human that is badly beat up in the front lobby by the gym' he watched as the principal looked at the Alpha before steering the on duty cop out of the lunchroom. He grabbed a tray of food and passed it to Jezebel watching as she slightly drooled over the pizza in front of her. He stifled a laugh when she scurred off to the register leaving him in the dust.

"I guess pizza is better than me," he watched as she vigorously nodded her head, "Well if that's the case I won't buy you anymore pizza, so I can have top spot," she pulled a face before finally talking to him.

"Food will always be my favorite thing ever," she mumbled nodding her head slowing as she agreed with herself, "Take away my pizza and I will never talk to you again," he knew that was a lie. One year on her eighth birthday he took her cupcake, and she told him she was never talking to him again. He apologized and even got her another cupcake, and she forgave him. And guess what? It only took ten minutes.

"Fine you can have pizza as long as I get to be your second favorite thing," He said punching in his lunch code. Her heart began to beat fast as she took in what he had said.

"I promise you will always be my second favorite thing," she smiled before walking towards the table where Noah was sitting. If pizza was Jonah's only competition he would be just fine. Noah caught a glimpse of her and let out a growl that seemed to get everyone else's attention.

'What happened to her?' Jonah heard Jared grumble lowly, and it sounded like he wanted to kill Felix as much as Jonah. Of course, being the gamma it was his job to protect the Luna even if it meant death.

'A stupid human,' Jonah said back through the mind link, 'he has been dealt with," Jared seemed to have been pleased with that response, but he still growled lowly and crouched back into his chair.

"Hey, Bel," Felicity screeched. She pulled her into her arms and just squeezed, "I have big news! Come with me!" Without another word Jonah's mate was ripped from his hands and was gone with the wind.

"We are not gonna talk about the fact that the Luna has bruises around her neck? Just not gonna happen, okay. That's fine. Jonah?" He ignored the rambling of Franklin. He was really only friends with Noah and Jared, but Jonah couldn't say anything bad about him other than that he talks, a lot.

"Frankie will you please, and I'm asking nicely, shut the hell up?" Jared groaned. That's how the two of them started fighting, and to make matters worse Noah joined in.

These idiot are gonna be my main line of defense when I become Alpha, great. Jonah grumbled to himself. Historically wolf let out a chuckle, but didn't comment.

He couldn't help, but get anxious when he realized it had been awhile since Felicity took her away. Not like she was in any trouble Felicity would let me know, or Noah would sense something was wrong with her.

Jonah looked as soon as her scent hit his nose he looked up. She looked genuinely happy, and you couldn't see the forming bruises anymore, and if he had to guess that would be the work of Felicity and her endless source of makeup.

She took her seat before smiling up at Jonah and taking a bite of her pizza. He looked at her confused before realizing she had taken the pizza off of his plate and was eating it right in front of him.

"Oh, really? That's how you wanna play? Okay," Jonah said smirking as she giggled, "I'm not buying you any chocolate on the way home today," it was entertaining to watch someone stumble so fast. The bustling argument seemed to have died down, but Jonah was still beyond furious.

He didn't even eat the pizza, and he could see Bel eyeballing it from beside him. Every time he would look at her she looked away only to look back up when he wasn't looking.

"You can have it," he caved and her eyes lit up so bright that he admitted it felt like falling in love with her all over again. It had his heart beating in his chest so fast. He needed contact, without thinking he stuck his hand in hers as she ate. Their fingers were locked together as he rubbed his thumb on the back of her hand. The tingles put his racing mind to ease.

If it hadn't been for that witch than he would have killed the human. She's a nosy little thing that needs to mind her own business.

"Hey, are you okay?" Jezebel looked genuinely concerned, but he wouldn't be able to explain it to her the way he wanted. She couldn't know anything about them, and when she's eighteen he gets to tell her everything.

"I'm fine," maybe she wouldn't ask anymore question. He wouldn't know how to answer them if she does.

"Ooohhhh by the way guys we all have been invited to this party that the football team captain is throwing, well he was the football team captain but I don't know if he made the team here. Just wanted to let you guys know that you should come to the first party of the year. It's this Friday at around 8:00 pm," Franklin said in one breath. He was nearly heaving and ended up downing a whole water bottle.

"I'm down, and Bel has to come so I'm not alone," Felicity said in a super cheery voice, "I know you two aren't good in a party scene, but can you come as our knights in shining armor?" Felicity asked twirling one of the curls on Noah's head.

"Oooo can we please?" Jezebel asked. He honestly didn't want her to go because there is not telling what twisted freaks would be there, but still who was Jonah to stop her. She was very strong minded, and just strong in general. He pitied the guy that tries anything with her. Not to mention all of the guys there that would protect her.

Only an ignorant human would try and lay a hand on her, and that the fact that one did wasn't shocking. Human guys can be idiotic and stupid just to the attention of one female that isn't attracted to them. Not that werewolves are any different, but when their mates come into the picture -many of them- leave their partying behind.

"I don't see a reason why we shouldn't. If me, Noah, Jared, Wyatt, and Franklin are there then that should be enough protection for two little maidens," Jonah says giving Bel a cheeky smile. She just giggles before planting a kiss on his cheek.

"If given the circumstances I could take all of you down," Bel mumbled giving Jonah a shit-eating grin.

"Oooohhhh really? I bet you wouldn't last five second in the ring with Al- Jonah," Franklin said. Jonah wanted to thump him for his neared mistake. Almost calling him Alpha could end badly. Not that she hadn't heard people call him that, it's just that now they weren't little and she would question it.

"I've made him cry before. Actually tears of pain, guys all have one place that hurts worst than a kick to the balls," Bel mumbled proudly. Everyone at the table busted out laughing and many of them teased Jonah in his head about his mate making him soft. They all knew that they would last a minute against him, but that he would never hurt her.