Prologue

Hey. I'm Emily Rylie Thorn. Daughter of Alex and Aubrie Thorn. I'm currently 18 almost 19. Born on May 17, eighteen years ago. Not like I'll ever get to the age of nineteen. No, I'm going to leave this world soon. But before I do, I want you to hear the unspoken story of my life. When I was five, on Christmas, a gas was released onto my town, killing everyone. Everyone but me, or so we thought. My dad covered my mouth and nosed with an oxygen mask. They didn't make it. But my parents best friends took me in and raised me. They had three sons. James was the oldest and was eight years older than me. He was like my brother and someone who I could trust. He taught me many simple things and found joy and happiness in the small things. Klaus was the middle child and was four years older than me. He was my knight, my teacher, my friend, my guider, and my crush. You'll understand why later. Then there was Elias. Two months older than me. My best friend since birth. They all had blonde hair and purple eyes. They were my friends and I won't know what to do with out them. Mr (Walter) Goldstein and Mrs (Mary-Ann) Goldstein were my "foster" parents. They don't foster me per-say. They took me in though. It's difficulty explain but they are my 'care-givers'. But I feel for their son in a non-sibling way. My 'brother'? Not brother in anyway but in my head. But I always thought my feelings for him were wrong. There was nothing wrong with them though, he was not my brother in any way but in my head.

Back to what I'm trying to get at, I've had a good life in my eye. But you need to find out and judge that for yourself.

So: Hi! I'm Emily Thorn, and this is my story.