Chapter 2

"Happy Birthday!" The Goldsteins said. I smiled and licked my lips. Gosh, the cake smelled and looked good.

"Thank you." I said politely. Today we weren't allowed to talk about my family or what was going to happen to me. They were still my family's rich friends. And when I say rich, I mean rich! Mr. Goldstein runs a long generation of magical tools and works in the Ministry of the Kingdom of Goldenlune. He and Mrs. Goldstein are friends with the king and his family. Guess I'm luck that my parents were their best friends, because they are taking care of me. I pushed back my raven hair as a servent put a piece of cake in fronted me. "Thank you for everything."

"It's no problem my dear. Now how is your room that you are staying in?" Mrs. Goldstein asked

"It's wonderful, ma'am." I replied. And it was. It was a cute, small, and pink bedroom. With fluffy pillows and blankets and a warm bed. It had three windows that looked out to the courtyard. It was pretty and more that I could have ever asked for. I was happy enough to even have a roof over my head.

"That's good to hear." She continued

"Ma'am, should I unpack my bag or keep my clothing the suit case? In case I leave...." I began

"You're leaving?!" Whined Elias. "Mother! Father! She can't go!"

"No whining young man" warned his father. "Emily, I would have thought that you already unpacked. You are staying here, alright?"

"Yes sir. I will unpack later." I picked up my fork and ate my cake.

"Your room will be ready by next year, Emily. You will have to wait in the guess room for now." Mrs Goldstein said

"My room?" I questioned. "I thought the room I'm staying in was 'my room'"

"If you are to stay with us, you will be treated as one of my children." Mr Goldstein explained (This is where the 'sibling' thing started to happen in my mind)

"Oh but sir, I like my room that I have now. And I don't want to be a burden as Mom would say," I added

"Emily, you are far from a burden." Mrs Goldstein said. "Plus, won't it be nice to have another girl in the house?"

Mr Goldstein smiled. "That it would. Plus, usually girls your age would love to be getting what you are, Emily."

I was beginning to feel guilty. "I just don't want to trouble you anymore."

"Emily, you aren't." Mrs Goldstein said. "How is your new school, dear?"

"Oh it's fun! I am really liking Ms. Turner! And math and science are my favorite!" I exclaimed

Mr Goldstein chuckled. "Glad to see you are enjoying it."

"Ms Turner is boring. Mr Finler is the best! Spelling and reading are fun." Elias said

"Nu huh! Math and science!" I argued

"No! Reading and spelling!" Elias countered back

"Math And science"

"Reading and spelling!"

Klaus, James, Mr and Mrs Goldstein all laughed

"Both are important but magic is the best." Klaus said

"I agree with lil Klaus" said James. "Though I always loved art class the best."

"I guess I have to teach Elias and Emily magic now...." Klaus wondered

"You are doing a good job with Elias, I'm sure adding Emily won't be terribly if she is anything like her parents were." Mr Goldstein said

"Thank you father." Klaus replied.