Chapters 1-3

Chapter 1

- - -

"Emma."

I hear Killian's soft gravelly voice in my ear. I open my eyes and turn to him with a smile. I squint as sunlight spills through the window and silhouettes his figure. He stands next to my bed in his leather pirate outfit. He still wears the same clothes no matter how much I protest.

"Good morning." I reply with a yawn. I sit up. I look him in the eyes, those deep blue eyes I always get lost in. I blink twice to stop myself from getting pulled in by them. "Do you think you could-" I start to speak, but he cuts me off.

"No Swan, I am not changing clothes." He crosses his arms and tips his head back defiantly. I roll my eyes.

"How did you even know what I was going to say?" I respond with an eyebrow raised. A grin slips onto his face and he lets out a short chuckle.

"I have my ways." He replies and quickly flicks his tongue out over his lips. When he does that. He doesn't know what it does to me.

"Well, maybe I wasn't going to say that." I counter. His grin widens.

"So tell me, what were you going to say?" He looks at me as one of his eyebrows flick up. And that. That makes me go insane. I pause to regain myself and think for a moment.

"I was going to say, do you think you could..." My voice trails off. "Yes, Killian. I was going to ask you to change." His eyebrow falls back down with a roll of his eyes and he sighs.

"What do you have against this?" He gestures down his body. "It's fashionable." I smile and nod at him.

"Yes, of course." I say slightly sarcastic. "But we aren't in fairytale land anymore."

"So what do you suggest I wear?" He asks me and pushes his hair back from his forehead that makes it stand up in such a way that it makes him even more attractive.

"I don't know, jeans? A t-shirt maybe?" He looks at me in disgust.

"No leather?"

I bite my lip to keep myself from smiling any wider. "You could wear a leather jacket or-" He tugs on the collar of his long leather coat. I shake my head. "No,not like that." He knits his eyebrows together then frowns and sticks his bottom lip out. I laugh lightly and get out of my bed and walk past him to my closet. I look through it and cast a glance behind me and I see that he is still pouting. I pull out my red leather jacket and hold it up. "Something like this." He keeps pouting. "Stop that." I say with a small smile and slap him gently on the shoulder. He stops and looks at the jacket.

"You want me to wear this?" He says and he takes the jacket and tries to fit it on, only able to get one arm in.

"No, but something like it." I say with a laugh and take it off him, hanging it back up. I check the time and it's 7:48. I look back to Killian. "Why are you here so early?" I ask. "Usually you don't get here until later."

He grins sheepishly and scratches the back of his neck. "Eh, well..." He lifts his hand and shrugs. "I didn't want to have to wait to see you." I can see the heat rising to his cheeks. I love it when he gets this way.

I smile when I remember the way the color rose to his cheeks at the bar in the Enchanted Forest and that same night when we got back to Storybrooke when I kissed him. "Oh?" I look at him. "Is that so?" He nods with a shrug again.

"Well...yes." He says, obviously a bit flustered. "I mean I-" he begins on one if his long pointless ramblings of an excuse but I cut him off with a short laugh.

"It's okay, I understand. You don't need to explain." He looks relieved and he lets out a breath. My mind keeps wandering back to that same night and the other things that happened that night too. Regina. I frown and he can see it on my face.

"You're thinking about her aren't you. Regina." He says. I nod and sigh.

"Yes." She's been avoiding me the past week and a half and she hasn't exchanged anything with me except looks of distaste from a distance. It is not a good thing to be on that woman's bad side.

"Don't worry about it Emma, we can fix things." He looks into my eyes, reading my thoughts. "She'll be okay, and you will too." He pauses and touches his fingertips to my hand. I look down at our hands then back up into his eyes. "I won't let you get hurt, I can promise you that."

Chapter 2

- - -

I can see from the way she looks at me that she trusts me. She trusts me with my promise. She trusts me with her life. It's almost too much for me to take in. Almost. The curtains on her window flutter and I see her shiver. I go over and close the window and I feel her eyes searing into my back. I turn around. "What?" I ask. She crosses her arms and leans back on her left foot.

"That window was closed when you left last night. And it was still closed when I fell asleep." She raises an eyebrow. Seeing her this way is humorous to me, because it's so typical of her.

"And?" I ask. She sighs and shakes her head.

"You know we have a front door right?"

"Not as fun." I reply with a shrug. Our conversation is interrupted with a knock on the door. She opens it and it's Mary Margaret and David.

"May we come in?" Mary Margaret asks, looking from Emma to me. Emma nods. They step in and David eyes me.

"Why am I not surprised to see you here, Killian?" He asks.

"Good morning to you too, Sir." I say with a grin. He just rolls his eyes.

"We need you both down at Granny's, were having a meeting." Mary Margaret says. Emma raises an eyebrow.

"For what?" She asks. Mary Margaret and David exchange a glance.

"We may have...a slight issue on our hands." David answers. "Be there soon." Is all he says before they both leave.

I turn to Emma. "Your father seemed delighted to see me." I say sarcastically with a grin plastered on my face.

Emma's worried face breaks a little and she lets on a gentle smile. "He's the least of our worries right now. Mary Margaret seemed pretty flustered. Something bad is going on."

Chapter 3

- - -

"I'm sure everything is under control. But we should probably head over to Granny's soon." Killian says this in such a way that it would be impossible for me to not be immediately reassured.

"I have to change out of these." I say, looking down at my pajamas. I look up and he still stands there, not even making a move to the door. I notice a small smirk creeping up on his lips. I cross my arms. "And you have to leave."

"Oh, come on.." He sighs. I don't let him say anymore.

"Don't even start with me." I say sternly but with a slight smile on my face. I start to push him towards the door but he stops me.

"That way is no fun." He says and almost prances towards the window and slips out. He turns back to wink at me and with that, he disappears leaving behind nothing but the faint smell of the ocean with a hint of rum.

I laugh softly to myself. "Oh what am I going to do with you, Killian Jones.." I say out loud.

"I heard that!" A voice calls out from the ground below my window. I stick my head out the open window.

"Leave!" I yell back. He laughs and turns to walk away.

"Alright, alright." He calls over his shoulder with a flick of his hand in the air. I duck my head back inside and shut the window. I shake my head with a smile.

"Killian Jones.." I say again, almost expecting his his blue eyes to pop back up in the window.