Chapter 10 - Long and Winding Road

2042 – present time, Ayaka's birthday.

Chaeyoung and Mina still parents to both her children. They promise themselves not to let their story affect the children. Ayaka indeed knows about their problems, but at least the little girl shouldn't know. Chaeyoung and Mina try to be there to their children even they are now in a very bad term. They still do dinner sometimes, when Ayaka's home from Ulsan or when celebrating something, they tried to be together even for a meal together. Each of them makes sure to their children that everything's alright. Just like today. The family decides to visit Ayaka in Ulsan. It's Ayaka birthday. Also Heeyeon's school break.

Mina, Chaeyoung, and Heeyeon take the train to reach Ulsan. After that, Ayaka picks them up with her car, then the family goes to Busan for celebrating Ayaka's birthday. Ayaka couldn't be happier other than seeing her family visiting her. It's been a tough time for her as she needs to study hard for surviving medical school. Ayaka even looks so tiny compared to the last time they saw her.

After checking in to the hotel near Haeundae, Ayaka takes the family to Haeundae. Heeyeon wanted to see a beach. Ayaka and Heeyeon take their time playing on the beach. Chaeyoung also joins them, since she feels awkward with Mina only. Mina stays with the belongings watching them from afar. Even though she's so happy that the family is still together, she also feels a hole in her heart as Chaeyoung hasn't forgiven her yet. She could still look angriness and sadness inside Chaeyoung's eyes.

Chaeyoung already reserved a seafood restaurant near Gwangali beach since Ayaka really loves seafood, they drive there. It's a fusion seafood restaurant located at the top of the building. From there, they could see Gwangali beach. All of them, as a family have dinner there. The staff then bring a cake while singing the birthday song to the table, she blows the candle. It is indeed a happy moment.

"Present time!" Heeyeon is the one that excited for her sister birthday.

"Unnie, it's from me" Ayaka smiles continuously after getting present from her sister.

"AW, Heeyeonie what's this?" Ayaka says it with aegyo to her sister.

"Open it, happy birthday Unnie"

Mina and Chaeyoung could only smile to this precious moment. Ayaka opens it.

"I made this, the teacher taught us from art class. This is for you, Unnie"

Ayaka lifts it, it's a keychain. Tiger and penguin shape. It isn't perfect in shape, but still, touch Ayaka's heart.

Chaeyoung and Mina choke when they looking at the shape. Only they know the meaning behind that 2 animals.

"Thank you, my sister" Ayaka hug Heeyeon and kiss her who is sitting next to her. Mina and Chaeyoung still coughing due to choking.

"Mom, Mother are you alright?"

"Yes, yes" But says it while drinking water.

Mina then takes her present for her kid.

"It's for you" Ayaka then take it from her mom. It's a beautiful necklace engraved with her name on it.

"Mom, it's so beautiful"

"Here, let me put on you" Mina then put the necklace to Ayaka's neck.

Ayaka keeps staring at it.

"Isn't it beautiful, Mother?" Ayaka asks Chaeyoung.

"Yes, looks good on you" Chaeyoung compliment her. Chaeyoung then takes something from her bag. 

"Here's for you, it's nothing big, but I made it for you"

Chaeyoung gives Ayaka her present. She opens it. It's a journal. It's a journal full of her hand drawing.