MASK

"Why do you keep on pushing everyone away?" She slightly smiled at his question, but he knew the smile formed in her lips wasn't true -- because he saw the loneliness in her eyes and the sorrow in her soul.

"And why do you keep on asking tear-jerking questions?" He just shrugged, and the sound of her fake laughters engulfed within them. She continued telling him everything, because she knew this man in front of her is worth losing and breaking her walls for. "No, I am not pushing people away -- I am protecting and saving myself from pain, sorrow, and feeling of being left out. I don't want them to see how vulnerable and fragile my heart is. I want them to see how strong it is."

He held her hand, and from that very moment, he promised to himself that he will not hurt her intentionally and will love her unconditionally. No more wearing of pretentious mask, no more.

Day after day, they were happy. Day after day she was no longer pushing everyone away, she was happy that she was fixed. But day after day, the man who fixed her was slowly collapsing.

"The things I do to make her happy" He whispered while looking at her laughing with her newly found friends. She never noticed that the man who steadily built her up, is breaking down in pieces just to make her happy.

Day after day, she was full of herself. Disregarding the efforts made by him, until he breaks. And he started wearing a pretentious mask as he watched her just walked away after all he has done for her.