Chapter 10

We met up with Harry and Ron after a few hours and I went quiet again.

"I'm starving." Ron exaggerated. "Can we go get something to eat?"

"Sure, Ron." Harry said. "Where should we go?" He asked.

"The Three Broomsticks." Hermione said. "It's not that far." She smiled.

The two boys nodded and began walking towards The Three Broomsticks. Hermione took my hand and we followed the two boys.

****

The walk was silent and when we sat down it was even more awkward. I felt out of place. It was only when I was alone with Hermione that I felt like I belonged.

"So..." Harry tried to break the silence but it didn't last long.

The waiter came over and took our orders and it fell quiet again.

This was the most awkward thing I've ever experienced. Hermione took my hand under the table and gave it a gentle squeeze. She smiled.

I smiled back shyly.

"What did you guys do today?" Harry asked.

"We sat by the lake and skimmed stones." Hermione said. "It was fun."

"Sounds boring." Ron muttered.

"It was actually really fun." I said shyly.

****

It wasn't long before our food came and we fell into an easy conversation about everything and anything. Hermione kept our hands connected under the table.