Darling you look perfect!

Dived in the pool with our hands intertwined. He held my hand all this while while swimming across the pool. We laughed and splashed water at each other. I started to move out but he took my hand and dragged me back in. He pulled me towards him and we stayed like that for a minute until I tried to get away from the pool, this time he let me.
I looked at him still in the pool with his wet hair falling onto his forehead and water dripping from it as he looked away in daze. I wondered how we reached here, being together for such a long span of time. I still remember when we first met when we were 8, who knew we would survive for a good 16 years. From being friends to bestfriends then finally confessing our love for each other at the end of High School. He turned back from his daze and smiled widely at me, I mirrored the same.
He enveloped me in a towel and his arm, I leaned onto him. In that moment of silence, I sneezed. I sneezed so badly that mucus covered my chin. I reluctantly covered it with my hand and stood up to move away from him, but he stopped me. He took my hand away from my face and cleaned it all with the towel. I was embarrassed. "I am such a mess." I whispered underneath my breath. "You're perfect!" He said this underneath his breath but loud enough for me to hear. I smiled widely.
Our favourite song blasted out of the nearby speaker, we looked at each other with a huge grin plastered on our face. We both knew what was coming next, we danced like no one was watching us. Actually there was no one. The song changed to a slower one now and it was "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran. He bowed down and took my hand in his and grabbed me by my waist towards him. We both swayed our bodies lightly, silently listening to the lyrics of the song which we always thought was written for both of us.
When the part "I found a woman" came up he mouthed the lyrics and took his one hand away. He still had his other hand in mine. Before I could even register what was happening, he was down on his knees  singing along with a ring in his hand. I gasped. I was well aware of what was coming next but I couldn't believe it still.
"Will you marry me?" He said it and I couldn't help but cry with joy. He stood up and took me in his arms and swayed me in the air. This is happening, at the most unexpected place and time.