Chapter 3

There isn't much to say about the station itself.Not that it is in a bad condition,it's just that it isn't what I expected.

I felt let down maybe . I was't sure of myself because I didn't think that anything in the wizard world would ever be  normal. There had to be something different , something unique about every small thing.

The station was oddly normal. The station office was normal. The small bridge across the railway line was normal .The panaromic view of the station was bloody normal.

My eyes were like those muggles(non-magic folk..that's what Hermione had told me)they always found something unique in everything.Then the giant came into focus.

For a moment I thought I was dreaming. The long beard, the messy hair , the long filthy clothes. He looked like he had jumped straight out of one of those fairy tales. Then I realized that dreaming in a wizard world was reality.

You can't really of dream of having amazing powers because when you wake you'd be having them already.Once you're a wizard you have nothing left to dream about. Your dreams and thoughts are co-existent.

I looked up at the giant . "Who are you ?" I ask curiously. "I am keeper of the gates of Hogwarts, the name is Hagrid." He says proudly. " Nice to meet you." I say politely."Well it's not everyday that we see nice young witches like you around here." He says softly."What kind of witches do you see then?" I ask, clearly striken by that statement.  " Go on kid , you don't want to be late for the feast." He says , pointing to the direction the other students were walking in.He didn't even reply to my earnest question.

I had read enough about Hogwarts to know that everything was extravagant.So obviously I did not want to miss the extravagant feast . And  not bloody way was I going to miss the extravagant view of Hogwarts from the lake.

I walk briskly , still wondering about Hagrid's statement, when I see Hermione waiting near the boats for me. She was tapping her foot annoyingly. " It's bloody time you got here.Where have you been?" She asks angryily.

"I had some work ." I say , in a small voice.

"Why are you always angry and annoyed?" I ask.

"Maybe because some of us like to keep an eye on their watch as well." She says dryly.

I lift my hands up in defeat.

"Since you were late , we are going to have to travel with Ron and Harry." She says .

"You're angry because of that ,aren't you?" I ask.

She scoffs and walks towards the boats.

I don't know why she was angry at that poor chap in the first place . He seemed nice enough to me.Even a bit cute.

I walk carefully towards the boats , careful not to trip over a rope.

I would not want to start my school year by people laughing at me.A few stragglers hadn't found a empty boat yet and were wandering here and there. I find our boat easily. Firstly because Ron and Hermione were arguing loudly. Secondly Ron's read hair was like the paint that glows in the dark. Third it was the only boat that was making that much of a noise.

I sit down slowly next to Harry . Trying my best that Hermione won't notice. Gladly , I succeeded

"What are they bickering about now?" I ask.

"How many windows does Hogwarts have in total." He says .

"Are you serious?" I ask.

He nods. I turn to face Ron and Hermione. Hermione was in the middle of her sentence. "- 459 for sure." She says. Ron's annoyed looked deepens "How do you know everything . I am pretty sure there are 559 windows." He says.