Laugh

Tears slid down his cheeks as his pencil raced back and forth across the page. He took a deep breath, before he started drawing slowly.

Beautifully.

It took Matt a moment before he realized who he was drawing.

Nate.

Matt swore loudly. He was drawing to forget that bastard!

But he continued. 

He inked over the pencil lines, making it so it'll stay forever.

He couldn't forget Nate.

He just couldn't.

><><><><>

Nate walked into Matt's room, looking for him. He looked at the bed and saw Matt's sketchbook. 

Curious, he opened it.

He started flipping through it.

There were lots of drawings, each with time and effort put into them. Almost all of them with Nate in them.

Nate continued flipping through, when he stopped at a page.

It was Nate still. Just his head. The eyes were etched out, and the only color on it were the tears on his cheeks. The words, "Laugh away the pain" were written on it.

Nate stared at the drawing in shock. What was this?!

"Nate?!" came Matt's usually quiet voice. Nate whipped around to see Matt standing in the doorway. 

"Matt, I-" Nate started, but Matt's cut him off.

"What the hell?! That's private!" Matt ran over and snatched up the sketchbook. He looked at the drawing it was open to, before looking at Nate.

"Get out," Matt said softly.

Surprised, Nate didn't move.

"I said get out!" Matt shouted.

Nate jumped up, and ran out of the room. Matt slammed the door closed just before tears fell from his eyes.

Nate knew.

Nate knew he had an obsession.

Nate knew he had a problem.

Nate knew he was in love.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeah, so.

This is the drawing described in the story:

DEPRESSION

Sorry it's blurry.

Kay bye!

~Rose